Monday, June 30, 2008

Joe's Valley "Where Heaven and Earth Meet"

















Every summer we join a bunch of friends and go camping at "Joe's Valley." There are not very many places that you can smell the pine trees and the earth anymore. I love it so much. You step out of the car and the smell of pine almost stings your nose.

Then you look down over your campsite at the most beautiful, calm lake you have ever seen!
Brandon and Chris skiied to their hearts content....and the kids tubed until we ran out of gas. Hannah, Addie and Grace all learned to wakeboard thanks to the "Hall" family! And Wyatt and Dalton (who Hannah couldn't flirt with enough) learned to slalom waterski...thanks to Brandon and Chris. It was so rewarding to watch the kids enjoying the water so much. And I know Brandon's heart was full watching his kids learn to love "his" sport!
Lets not forget the awesome food. Dutch oven lasagna, bbq chicken, peach cobbler, and huge campfire breakfasts! What a great weekend! Thanks to the Halls and the Culley's for all the good times! See you again in August!

11 comments:

margo said...

I will see you there in August! I can't believe you made great great great grandma's lasagne without me:)

Amy said...

That looks like a blast. Where is it??

Amy said...

BTW-if you go to the pioneer womans site, go to sides, then potatoes. They were the crash potatoes. I used parmesean instead of any herbs, and they were the bomb!

Bell Family said...

What a fun weekend. I love the pictures. Atleast you waited to break you foot until after your trip.

Natali Thompson said...

Man you guys are just our kind of family! We LOVE the water-you will have to tell us where that place is. Hopefully a little closer than Powell. We also love the drive in! That is the best place to take kids to a movie! I am just barely checking blogs since I have been gone so I haven't gotten very far down yours yet, but I just noticed Bree's comment. You broke your foot??? What the heck?

jenn said...

Fun, Fun, FUN! So glad we ended up going and that we get to go again in August! You guys are so great and my kids just adore your kids. Thanks again!

p.s.- I'm wondering why you didn't say how much you just LOVE this nice warm, breath-taking water temp.! He, he!

Paige Hanks said...

Liz that trip looks like so much fun!! Can I come in August? One thing I hate about living in Arizona is that I can't escape to any mountain air! Thanks for helping me remember what true mountains really look like!

Lisa Erskine said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! Glad you had so much fun! You'll have even more fun in August...cuz we'll be there!! :)

Wendi said...

I love Love LOVE boating. That looks like a great spot! Glad to hear the family is enjoying it.

Wendi said...

P.S. I have this really cool board that teaches the little ones to ski by themselves. Its called a "ski sled" and you normally pull it with a jetski, but can pull it with a boat. We have pulled many a 4 year olds on up on this thing. :) Let me know if you ever want to borrow it.

schaars said...

So fun what cool memories for your cute kidos!