Friday, May 8, 2009

"Heavenly" Spa Night with my girlies











Last night, I had the opportunity to join my little girls for a Stake Achievement Girl activity. It was a "heavenly" spa night!
It was really nice and put together so well. The gym was re-created into a huge spa like environment. The lights were off and the room was lit by tiny white lights and lamps. There was greenery everywhere, little trickling fountains, pictures of the temple and the Savior on easels and soft music playing.
They started out with a slide show of the primary kids then we split into groups and went to three different stations. These included: each girl and mom making their own bath salts, putting together a "I'm going to the temple" time capsule for each girl, and a picture station where the girls sat in a lovely chair by a picture of the temple and Christ and had their picture taken to put in their time capsules. (The Bishop and Primary Presidency had a letter for each girl to put in their capsules...they thought that was NEATO.)
At the end of the evening, they had a huge dessert bar. We left and went to Arctic Circle and got shakes because the line for dessert at the church looked never ending.
I had such a fun time watching my girls interact with their friends and I loved chatting and getting to know the other moms. I'm so thankful for the great programs we have in our church...we are so, so LUCKY!

3 comments:

jenn said...

What a cute idea for an activity! I bet the girls {and Moms}loved it. Fun!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

DARL... FROM LAUR & ALLINA!!!

Natali Thompson said...

That is so awesome. I wish I would have known about this before I got released! I will have to pass it on to the new leaders. That is so special! How have you been?? Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.