But I do love the tradition of Christmas, the lights, and the music. Those things are great.
ANYWHOOOO....
Then, as I pull in the garage, I remember Brandon saying something about hiring someone to put up our lights this year because it would be so treturous for him to do it with the two story roof line. So I figure...hey...just run next door and ask the nice man for his business card and in like a month or so, if it is reasonable, I can have them come back and do mine.
You know me....fifteeen minutes later, THEY ARE PUTTING UP MY STINKIN CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!! It was a great deal, the guy was so nice, and he said it would be great to put them up in this beautiful weather. After Christmas they come back, take them down, and store them for you until next year. So all and all I think it was a good decision.
My mom is rolling over in her grave "sorry mom I know I promised to never start Christmas until after Thanksgiving but it was for the safety of the little elf workers on my roof...I swear!!!"
9 comments:
You've been a busy blogger...or maybe I've been a busy worker-bee! :) I love your Halloween decor! We're huge Halloween fans over here, too! Your house is going to look awesome at Christmas time!! My theory on that is...there's too much to set up for one lousy month...so after Halloween my Christmas goes up! :)
ha ha ha -- I loved when Brandon got the text that you were putting up Christmas lights. I told it that that's just the cost of him leaving you the weekend you are trying to get ready for a family vacation! hee hee I hope you're getting sun burned.
I just told my hubby yesterday that this weekend is supposed to be nice...that he should put up the lights! Better to be safe than sorry. Miss you!!!
i love christmas.. your house is going to look awesome...i love your summer post...i miss summer
I did notice the beautiful twinkling lights!! You are not crazy just on top of things! I love it!
What the? Christmas lights before Halloween! That's just wrong!
How nice! You will love that in a few weeks when we are all up on ladders trying to do it in the snow! That is funny though-I just hope by Thanksgiving to have ours up.
Yep. Mama is rolling in her grave. ;)
You are so funny. Chris will be so jealous that you already have your lights up. Basically it is a near-death experience everytime he puts up or takes down our lights. Yikes!
How was Hawaii? Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
Love those guys. This year we are giving them a rain check. but last year, we got yard of the month for our christmas lights thanks to them!!
Post a Comment