Sunday, June 19, 2011

A few of my "very favorite" things...

I love to see other peoples "favorites" list...so I thought I'd make one of my own.  Might be fun to look back someday and see what I thought was "neato" in my life!

#1 (body care products)
MOROCCAN OIL Shampoo/Conditioner and Oil treatment
When I was in Vegas this year, a girl introduced me to this product. It has completely changed my hair. Even my hair dresser noticed a huge difference in my hair. She said she barely needs to trim off any ends at each visit. Where before, she would have to cut off an inch every time I went in! I think the oil is the key. You put on a dime size amount after hair has been washed and conditioned and work into towel dryed hair. Then style as usual!
Where to find: I just keep having random people pick it up for me when they go to Vegas at Mandalay Bay Spa. But one of my friends said they have a generic brand at the hair supply store and it works just as well. Just look for the product with "moraccan oil."
 


#2 (body care products)
TAN TOWELS:
I have been using these amazing little towels for a few years now. I first found them on QVC when Brandon used to travel a lot and I couldn't sleep at night... let's just say I had a small addiction to buying crap on the t.v.  Well, a few things were very worth buying, and these made that list!
I always have them on hand. After a shower, i simply rub these little wet wipes on my legs, arms, and chest and voila'....the next morning I wake with a golden tan! For some reason, they don't leave big streaks like other self-tanning products. (but make sure to wash the under sides of your hands after each use as they can leave palms a bit orange)
Where to find: I have seen these lately at Nordstrom, Dillards, and my cousins salon "Studio Salon."


#3 (body care products)
EOS lip balm
I started buying this a few months ago. It only took using it for a few days before I had to buy one for all my friends, my girls, my visiting teachers, the garbage man...okay, maybe not him. But I really can't live without this product! I have one in my car, my purse, on my kitchen counter, in my toothbrush drawer, and in my nightstand! It is so creamy and so easy to apply. All the scents are yummy. They haven't made one I didn't like yet! The latest creation is Strawberry Smoothie and Melon! Yum
Where to buy: Believe it or not....WALLMART! Yep, right at the check stand! It's like $2.97:)

                                                    
#4 (body care products)
REVITALASH
This is a MUST! If you are sick of short lashes, or tired of wearing lash extensions...this is the product for you. You brush it on your eyelid every night before bed. Then in a few weeks, all of a sudden your lashes are so long they are touching your eyebrows! I have seen amazing results as have quite a few of my friends. Be sure to read the WARNINGS list before you decide if this product is for you. I haven't had any side effects and have been using it since November. My friend Margo made me use it first just to make sure I wouldn't go blind! Ha ha ha...I'm such a great friend...I really took one for the team:)
Where to buy: Your local spa or esthetician can get this for you. Other brands include lei lash and latisse!
Before and Afters: Pretty scary, no make up, badly need eyebrow waxing...but let's try to focus on the eyelash improvement! I took these fantastic shots myself so try not to judge...pretty impressive on the thickness and length of lashes! I hope you don't have nightmares tonight.





#5 (home and garden)
PEONY Plant
I love this flower more than words can say. It makes me smile every time I see these in someone's yard or a flower arrangement! They are gorgeous and sometimes smell yummy too. I have planted six different varieties and colors in my own flower beds this year! It is a perennial, so that means it will come back each and every year. I may be obsessed with this plant!
Where to buy: Any nursery. I would love to point them out to you if you take me to the nursery, as this is one of my favorite hang outs:) I'm a PLANT NERD!




#6 (home and garden)
HEN AND CHICK
Quite possibly my newest favorite little creature in the dirt! Jenn and I found these as we were searching for plants for her new yard:) She saw these and said "Liz, you need this plant...it say's HEN AND CHICK and you need anything that say's HEN AND CHICK!" By golly, she was right! So I gathered up the HEN AND CHICKS and threw them in my dirt! the end
Where to buy: Any nursery I guess...however I found mine at a quaint little get up in Alpine:)


 #7 (home and garden)
HIBISCUS
This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE also! I have three of these planted this year. Two pink and one coral! Love, love, love! I feel like I am in Hawaii! In my old house, they grew so big that cars would stop and ask how in the world I got them to grow??? Wanna know my secret.... my Granny told me to put a large can of stewed tomatoes with juice in the ground! Yep, works every year. Gorgeous big blooms!
Where to buy: Any nursery! Trust me, they all have them...because each time I go to one...I leave with a new hibiscus:)


#8 (home and garden)
ADIRONDACK CHAIR
I have some love for this kind of chair. You see, in my mind, I see my mom sitting in one of these on the beach with one of her straw hats waiting for me in heaven. Weird right? But true. So naturally, I love this darn chair.
This is a plastic variety. I have a yellow one on my back patio, and this red one on my front porch. I love to sit and read in this, watch the kids, or stare at the lake! They are comfy and CHEAP! And you can change them up with different pillows!
Where to buy: HOME DEPOT $16.99 baby! (red, yellow, blue, tan, white, or green)
  

#9 (home and garden)
METHOD: ALL PURPOSE "GRAPEFRUIT" CLEANSER
This is the best all-purpose cleanser. It has no harsh chemicals, it's fairly inexpensive, and it smells DELISCIOSO! I buy like 3 bottles at a time, and we fly through it. My girls love the smell too and like to clean with it:) tricky, tricky:) know what I'm sayin'???
Where to buy: TARGET' (a little french place I love)lol


#10 (currently my favorite TREAT)
ORANGE LEAF
My good friend "Jana" taught me about this yummy little joint in the Highland/Alpine area! Now, I go there like twice a week! urghhhh
It has the yummiest flavors of frozen yogurt, and help-yourself toppings! My favorite is coconut yogurt, bobas (little fruity caviar looking things), and toasted coconut! I'm drooling right now:)
It is decorated so bright and cute. Great for the kids too! A must try!



I HOPE YOU MAY HAVE FOUND SOMETHING INTERESTING WORTH TRYING! WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR IF WE CAN'T SHARE SOME OF OUR "FAVORITES?"

7 comments:

McKelle said...

So many things I want to try now. I've heard about the moroccan oil. Guess I'll have to try it out!

Bell Family said...

I LOVE Morracan Oil. Love it!!
Of course you have flowers on your "favorite" list. Such a green thumber!!

Where your little Asian Gnome??

jenn said...

Oooohhhh, this post made my whole night! I shall now try all things "Liz"...starting with a Hibiscus plant. Or the chair. Or another trip to Orange Leaf. It's a toss up.

AND, I DON'T RECALL GETTING A LIP GLOSS! WHAT AM I, CHOPPED LIVER? Feel free to drop one by or send via mail. Thank you.

The Donnelly's said...

Ohh I love!!


Love love love the lip balm too!! I just love reading peoples favorite... Now can you express me some of that Orange Leaf??!! ha ha.. I LOVE YOU!

Lisa Erskine said...

Don't worry, Jenn...I didn't get a lip balm either...but I have accepted that I am on the "B team"! :) U need to take a picture of your eyelashes with your make-up on and show everyone how they get all tangled up in your eyebrows! They're GORGEOUS! I'll have to try some of this other stuff...like the ice-cream...yum...but, is this the same place you were telling me about yesterday???

McKelle said...

So, my mother-in-law just got me some Moroccan oil from peerless beauty supply. You do have to have a licence to get it, but if you have a friend or someone with one, they can get it for you. I also found the other brand of Moroccan oil is called Marrakesh oil.

Melisa said...

I found the chubby little lip balm at Ulta also:) Love it!