Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of JuLy!!!

 We spent Saturday and Sunday out at "Last Chance" boating. It was so fun to watch the kids getting so much better at skiing and wakeboarding. I strained my neck carrying some towels...it was quite a serious injury...I'm not sure I should carry anything ever again:) Brandon still made me ski. He is going to have a skiing wife if it kills him...or me...or whatever comes first!

Then Sunday night, we met up with a few of our friends/neighbors for a spur of the moment firework show! It was so much fun. Our next door neighbor "Jordan" had made a quick run to Wyoming for some "special" fireworks the day before!

 Jason delivered quite the awesome finale'! He got swacked in the back of the head by his wife many times that evening for throwing fireworks in the air and almost burning small innocent children:)
Jordan on the other hand, just taught the kids how to "jump" the fireworks. Needless to say, his shorts looked like they had been attacked by pirana's! Oh man, I laughed til I was sick!





Monday: 4th of July: JANA'S STREET PARADE AND BREAKFAST!!! 
We had a delicious pot luck breakfast, followed by a parade...complete with Mark and Jordan M.C ing the whole event! They seriously sounded like official announcers...only dumber! HA HA HA...crack me up! 



 All the kids had to line up behind Jana to avoid the "crashes" that apparently took place last year! I'M HAPPY TO REPORT...WE HAD A NO INJURY PARADE!










 Later that night, we met up with some friends at the "REAL" soccer game! It was a perfect way to end the holiday. Yummy food, lots of laughs, and spectacular fireworks!!!



 We are certainly grateful to live in the "LAND OF THE FREE!" HAPPY FOURTH.

5 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

Looks like SUCH a fun weekend! Holy Smokes! :)

Bell Family said...

What a fun, FUN, weekend!! Hope your neck starts feeling better. It would be tragic to not be able to do laundry ever again. Looks like you are having tons of fun at Last Chance. Hooray!!

Lisa Erskine said...

I'm so glad that "towel" injury is doing better! I should have snapped a picture of you laying in the grass (in the dog poop) so you could see the fireworks...since you couldn't look up! You were HILAIR!! :) I love the REAL games...thanks to you guys for introducing it to us!! What a blast!!

Goddard Family said...

Love all of the pics...what a fun neighborhood! Looks like you had an awesome 4th! xoxo

jenn said...

LOVE The street parade. How fun is that? :)