Now, when I was young, I would go to Bear Lake every summer with my parents best friends "the Thomas's." And their son taught me to fish. We would stay out on the docks all day long and pull catfish and blue gill out of the water one after another and every now and again we would luck out and get a trout. What a great opportunity I had to learn to love fishing...especially being a "girl." So I was equally thrilled to go watch my boys have the same great experience.
We had Chance's little friend "Troy" come with us to the lake tonight and we sat out on the dock for hours trying to catch a fish! We may not have caught one because the only hooks we had were large enough to catch a shark??? I'm just sayin. Might need to go back to Wally Mart and get some small ones ASAP and/or stop at Grandpa Bob's and steal some of his.
No worries though, because along the way, we met lots of new friends, learned new tips, and came home smelling like poopie fish bait... it was worth it because the boys had an absolute BALL and can't wait to go back tomorrow night!
Oh what fun I will have bribing them all day and threatening to take away their beloved fishing time! ba ha ha ha ha.
Easton ROCKED at "casting out." It really was amazing to watch.
He kept changing bait every 30 seconds. Patience is not his strong suit:)
SEE THAT HOOK? HA HA HA
My spot on the dock. Lovin' it!
There was a little hispanic man over on the bank across the way just reeling in one after another and hiding them in his bag...dang I need to learn spanish so I could go learn his secrets. I'm not gonna lie...it was a little hard on our self esteem watching him leave with his loot! I BET HE WAS USING CORN! Just kidding...i'm not a poor sport:)
I know I will always cherish this night. It is certainly going in my memory bank as one of the most precious days I have spent with my boys!!
NOTE: BRANDON WAS OUT OF TOWN OR HE WOULD HAVE JOINED US. HE ALSO LIKES TO FISH, BUT SOMETIMES HIS A.D.D PREVENTS HIM FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS FAST PACED SPORT:)
11 comments:
precious... remember, Rossi is a phone call away ;)
I shall now give you an award:
"Best Fish-Poop smelling Mommy on the Planet!"
You are amazing. Your family is so lucky to have you. Love you!
Aren't boys the easiest to please?? Nothing like a night fishing. Good mama!!
So fun! What a good mother you are! We attempted that a few times in Yellowstone this summer-we didn't catch anything either! So cute-I LOVE your reading spot! It's perfect :)
I think you have dubbed yourself "coolest mom of the year"! That is so great you took them fishing, I bet they will treasure that day forever!
I will never forget the stentch of catfish bait we smelled when Troy walked in tht door! Thanks for taking him. He had so much fun:)
you forgot to mention that this boy you went fishing with would also stick firecrackers in the carp's eye balls and behind and blow them up. Ha! I have such great memories with you and your family in Bear Lake.
Saw you're reading The Glass Castle----one of my favorite summer reads this year.
xo!
Lindsey (thomas) Larsen
You're a star, Liz! And your boys are too dang cute, even if they do smell a little sometimes.
I love this because we just did the same thing-Walmart poles and shark size hooks! We miss you guys-hope you are doing well!
cutest boys! loved checking in on your blog. it's been a while. you have a remarkable family. xo
I love that Easton is wearing cleats!! That's so him :)
Post a Comment