*Dear Grandma Dorth, this post is for you. I received your message yesterday concerning your disappointment with my blogging lately. I promise to try and do better. Love you. Sincerely, Elizabeth.
Brandon has been crazy busy lately with work and running races and coaching soccer. And I pretty much drop off the side of the earth during cheer season...with coaching three times a week, and both the girls having football games to cheer at!
So, last weekend Brandon arranged for Allina to come watch the kiddos and swept me away to an awesome, absolutely amazing retreat in Park City. It was soooo fun. We sat in the hot tub, ate yummy meals, stayed in on Saturday night and watched the BYU/Utah Game....and I tortured him the whole time because I love the U and he prefers BYU! Sorry Babe...your team stunk:)
One morning we went an got a massage then went to the outlets and he even gave in and went to the movie "THE HELP" with me. We loved it.
Anyway, it was a dreamy weekend. Spent with the man I love and adore. Funny, because shortly after we got home, one of my friends from H.S. put a picture of us on facebook from when we were in 9th grade....oh geez...we've been together forever, and I love it!
Look at that view outside of our cottage
We ate at the "dancing horse" or something like that? It was so delicious and the band that was playing was addicting. We just kept ordering stuff so that we could stay longer and enjoy the atmosphere.
The spa. I could have drank that grapefruit water and slept in that chair all day!
We can still have so much fun together. It's always nice to take a break from our busy lives, and chasing kids and remember why we still like each other so much:)


7 comments:
OH...MY...GOSH!!!! Those are some awesome pictures! Holy smokes! :) that place looks like a slice of heaven! I was going to call and leave you the same message about your blogging (or lack thereof!) ;) I am not one to talk!
PERFECTION... but are you sure you had funner than the kiddos did with my Allina? (ha ha)
9th....grade...seriously! I love that!!! Ummm...was it called the Riverhorse? Best food ever that's where curt proposed to me....How fun to get away for a night and reconnect! You two are DARLING! xoxo
Man you two are OLD!! I was hoping that Brandon would be sporting his perm in that 9th grade picture! That's how I like to remember him. It's just nice to know that it is all because of me that you two are together. You are forever in my debt!! You're welcome
I just "piddled" a bit!! Those 9th grade pictures are both hilarious and precious at the same time. How fun!! Glad you had a fun weekend. You deserve it!!
I agree with grandma! XOXO
I will now scoop my jaw up off the floor. That place is amazing!!! So happy you got away for a breather with your hubby. You two are the cutest.
Post a Comment