Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter week was full of splendid events this year. The kids were involved in four wonderful egg hunts. Just look how many kids from the 5th ward group. It was the coldest, windiest day...and yet it didn't stop us from the glorious hunt!!!

Hannah trying to smile even though the wind was blowing her away!




All these cute girlies...and Easton trying to get in on the shot!

We had a dessert and dye party with the Erskine Family. I think we dyed like 4 or 5 dozen eggs altogether.

My bundt masterpiece and my "peep" cupcakes. Not too pretty, but delicious all the same!

Lisa was super serious about her decorating ability. While I just told my kids to plop them into every color all at once.



Easter morning was so much fun. I loved watching the kids scrambling for eggs every which way. The older ones were so cute to help Easton find his treasures.



The bunny left Addie a new pair of DC's even though he thinks they are kind of lame!

Hannah got some sweat shorts and some decorations for her new room.

The kids looked bright and shiny in their new EASTER OUTFITS!!! I love getting my kids all dressed up in their crisp new church clothes. Sooo cute.


That evening we went to Grandma and Grandpa Mackays for the annual hunt and superb dinner. This is an extra special hunt because the bunny fills the eggs with money at Grandma and Grandpa's. Who wouldn't love a hunt like that???


I love Easter because I am reminded that Spring is coming. The blossoms on the trees, the spring clothes, the fields and lawns going green, the smell of fresh cut grass, bulbs popping up from the ground, and spending time with our families. This was a very fun and relaxing holiday for us this year. I hope you all had a great EASTER too!
P.S. WE ATE ALL 48 HARD BOILED EGGS BY SUNDAY NIGHT! POTATO SALAD, DEVILED EGGS, EGGS SALAD, AND JUST PLAIN SALT ON A CRACKED OPEN EGG! YUMMY AND CALORIE FREE!

7 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

YEAH... EASTER!!! SPRING IS TRYING IT'S HARDEST TO GET HERE. CUTE PICS... KREW CAME HOME YESTERDAY SO EXCITED THAT HE GOT TO SEE CHANCE AND EASTIE!!! TAKE SPECIAL CARE!

jenn said...

A happy Easter indeed. Looks perfect.

WHITE said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday. I love Easter and springtime!
Eating 48 eggs is very impressive...that is some serious dedication!
Hope everything is going great for your little family in your new area.

Natali Thompson said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. When are you moving into the house?

Durrant said...

Such a fun weekend! Wow a ton of kids in your ward-crazy, they must love it! Easton and Crew had twinner easter vests! He looked adorable! PS- Crew still talks about going to play with Easton as we drive to church and talk about the friends he will see:)

Goddard Family said...

All I can say is that I wouldn't have wanted to be in your room that night...after all of the "eggs" peee-you!

Bell Family said...

What a fun time you have had!! Egg eating and all. The kiddos look precious. So So Cute!!