Thursday, January 28, 2010

EnD of YeAr...CHEER SLEEP OVER

We took our 5th grade Westlake cheer squad to a cabin for our end of year sleepover.
My friend Kristin, who is the other cheer mom, arranged for us to use her families cabin. And it was fantastic.
OH MY GOSH....drama...something is wrong with the ipod...now what...how will we dance???

Franci taught the girls the funniest game called ...YUP, BoNg! Hilarious. She was so much fun. It was like having a teenager around. She and I kept sneaking out of the cabin and hiding in snow forts and we would jump out and scare the girls. They cried...we laughed. Lovveeee it!

There was a lot of dancing and cheering going on...as you can imagine.


The girls were free to be CrAzY. And they were....ALL NIGHT LONG! LiTeRaLly!

This was their fabulous bunk room. 13 beds, a ping pong table, air hockey, basketball, and an entertainment center! Really sad and boring.

Here's Krisin and Franci...we tried for over two hours to figure out the DVD player. Jen had made a video that she had worked on for over 30 hours and there was no way we were going to not show it! Of course, we finally got it working (miracle) and the video of the girls throughout the year was sooooo cute. They absolutely loved it, and all of us moms were teary eyed. We really had a great year, and this group of girls was so darling.

The next morning, we served a huge breakfast and sent the girls out back to go sledding. Oh my gosh, it was hilarious. We just stood at the bottom and laughed til we were SICK! It was so much.

Franci, Liz and Kristin...looking gorgeous first thing in the morning while we watched the sled show!

I love to see Addie so happy. She has had such a great time cheering. I think she has made some long and lasting relationships with a group of great girlies. And that makes me happy for her! There is nothing like good friends. I have certainly been blessed with them throughout my life, and I pray every day that my girls will too!

5 comments:

margo said...

fun fun fun! What a gorgeous cabin too. Wish I could have been there to laugh with you all. Lindsie had such a great time. Thanks so much for taking her. Cheer was such a great experience for her.... tell Addie thanks for not giving up on her when she said "NO"

jenn said...

So FUN! I wish I could have been there. You guys are a riot!

I still can't believe the girls stayed up until 3:00. Crazy!

Thanks for everything you did for the girls as their Cheer Mom. You were AMAZING! They were seriously so lucky to have you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Scha&Andi said...

you are awesome. what memories. what fun... yahoo!

susan hall said...

sooo fun ah too be young and carefree again...the days of dancing all night sleeping all morning..that will be us in afew weeks

Natali Thompson said...

I wish my cheer parties were like those! Awesome!