Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring keeps "tEaSiNg" me!

Today, it is snowing. I can't see the mountains, or the lake. I re-lit the fireplace, and put my sweats on! What the heck is going on???
Just last week, I was welcoming "Spring." Urghhhhh

My babies...as I like to call them, were poking their heads through the soil. Nothing makes me smile like my bulbs coming up! Especially this year because it was an act of love getting those stinkers into the ground. My arthritis, makes it very hard for me to plant! I dug the holes and weeded the soil with a spoon so my hand could grip it better! Ha ha ha...I sound like a pioneer:) NOT QUITE! But seriously, you try digging 150 holes with a spoon. "Act of love I say."

Look how fabulous my garden is doing....huge carrots are popping up!


Pansies make me giddy too!


More babies!

I got really ambitious and threw together this arrangement for my door! It looks stupid with the snow today! :(

I miss my chickens. Some idiot says I can't raise chickens on a golf course...what do they know? So these little cuties will have to do for now!
Gracious, I hope Spring stops "teasing" me, and settles in soon! I need it. I crave it. I am done with the snow!

10 comments:

Megan Zurcher said...

Hi Liz! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I LOVE your blog background! :) Your family is adorable. Your kids are so grown up. I remember when Hannah was just a little baby. It's crazy how time flies. You should definitely do some luminaria for your mom. It'd be a subtle way to remember her and yet it'd have a lot of meaning to you. Your mom was such a wonderful person She was always so kind to me when I'd go over to her house to play with Muggs. It's a hard thing to lose a loved one, but it's much easier to cope with the perspective of the Gospel. Have a wonderful Easter. Your decorations are so cute!

jenn said...

150 holes with a spoon?!? You are my little crippled hero. Arthritis ain't holdin' you down.

When I dropped off the girls after tumbling I thought to myself how stinkin' cute your house was! The flower arrangement on your door was like a little ray of sunshine in this gloomy weather.

Maybe someday you can come and make my house and yard look cute.

Please?

jenn said...

ps- Raising chickens...only you. :)

Lisa Erskine said...

Okay now...you need to give me tips on growing carrots...those look great!! :) Your house always looks so cute! Now, could you please come help me??

susan hall said...

melanie just posted cruise pictures..look at those and imagine you are there, dont look outside it just depresses you more...seriously I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!! with the stupid snow

margo said...

Oh no -- so this spring I will need to get you a very strong spoon to plant my flowers again while I sit and watch! Maybe that's why you have arthritis... did it come on after you planted my beds???

Natali Thompson said...

Cutest decorations ever! Did you take a picture of your "babies" after today? You are probably out there with blankets and heat lamps :) I LOVE spring and tulips-

Bell Family said...

I'm in love....with your carrots!! Too cute!! Lovin' the pansies in the silver tub. I will totally be stealing that idea. If you were still my neighbor I'd just come steal your tub.

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

UUUM... CAN I PUT MY "WALKIE BLANKIE" JAMMIES ON AND DO YARD WORK WITH EASTON?!!

Scha&Andi said...

i love the door arrangement. it's SO CUTE. screw the snow. and put up whatever makes you happy! i do love fires and sweats though. hmm! i agree i think pansies are the friendliest flower. they are so CUTE!

brandon is crazy. that freaking golf net thing. eeek. makes me so nervous when hubbys do that crap.