Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OUR BASEMENT REVEAL!

 We started the project of finishing our basement back in April...
 Clearly, it was a HUGGEEEEE project!
But with the help of Chris White and his framing skills, and Brandon's cousin Chis Culley and his knowledge of fantastic subs, we were able to finish the project in 4 lonngggg months!
 Urghhhh, makes me want to barf just thinking about the whole process! So much work, so much arguing over money:), so much babysitting workers and staying home every single day, so many strangers using my bathroom, and so many decisions! Dang, I'm glad we did it, but dang, I'M GLAD IT'S FINISHED.





And now, we are finally enjoying the END RESULT!!! 
Family room, eating area, and kitchen! "Bring on the parties!"

The Kitchen: 
This was my baby. it was so hard to decide exactly what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier with the result. So cozy and basementish (if that's a word)?


 Work-out room (complete with one piece of equipment)lol


 The girls bathroom. It has another sink just like this one, they are right across from each other so the girls won't have to fight over bathroom time! We also did the toilet and shower seperate from the vanities...again, to cut down on the arguing! Can you tell they are 24 short months apart???:)


 Addie's room




 Maybe our favorite room, considering both Brandon and I have a bit of O.C.D about organization! THE STORAGE ROOM. Ahhh, no longer are there stacks of crap in the garage! Whoopeeeee


 Hannah's room.




Shower!

We love our new space, and the kids love having their own rooms! Basements RoCk!!!!!

9 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Allina mentioned that you had finished your basement... yeah, it's lovely, and MORE SPACE! Your vacuum "lines" immediately reminded me of your momma (a story you once told)... love you!!!

margo said...

The worst part was the STRANGERS using the bathroom!! lol You should have given details about that one! Your basement turned out FANTASTIC! I love it. Can't wait for the party.

Bell Family said...

Looks amazing. Well worth the Strangers "stinky" inconvience. I bet it smells like yummy new carpet. If only they could make that scent in a candle. I'd purchase!!

Durrant said...

Beautiful... Gorgeous... Perfect! Turned out amazing! Maybe, just maybe, if we ever own a house... I think I might have to hire you to help me decorate! So cute!

susan hall said...

Im so so so jealous, it looks so great, I cant wait for the huge party you are going to have, how come we started our basement about that same time and um...well its taking for damn ever.. I swear it takes a toll thats for sure on the finances, the marriage(if you let it) Im so happy for you guys (sigh)

Lisa Erskine said...

You said it best..."BRING ON THE PARTIES!!" It looks great down there...and so comfy, cozy!! Sorry about the stinky strangers! Yuck!

Natali Thompson said...

That is gorgeous! Well worth the hassle! I have to show Holly how clean your girls rooms are...see if I can motivate her! Looks awesome!

Goddard Family said...

A M A Z I N G!!!! I have to come and see and get some ideas for my own "nightmare"! Love it!

jenn said...

It really did turn out sooo beautifully! Warm and cozy and definitely basement-ish. Yay!