Chance really wanted to go see the Salt Lake Temple for family night this week and since Brandon has been gone so much lately, we decided to make it a REALLY SPECIAL NIGHT!
We met downtown and walked all over the temple grounds and wandered into all of the visitor centers there. We talked to so many missionaries...and Chance thought that was so neato!
This handsome boy of mine will be baptized in just a couple of months....sigh
This is always a favorite sight for all of us! The kids just soak it all in...how could you not???
Addie, who never sits still...loved watching about how much our church does around the world and how the Bishop's store house works! Pretty amazing.
At the end of our journey on the temple grounds, the kids went up and stood on the steps where Brandon and I had stood for our wedding photos. The girls kept making all the cheesy poses that they have seen in our wedding album...little stinkers....but it was kinda funny:)
As we were walking away, I showed them the spot in the building as you come out of the temple where my Mom and Grandma were standing waiting for me when I came out on my wedding day! I couldn't help but start to cry! Chance said "Mom, you're crying." He looked so worried, and we sat and talked about what a special day that was for me, and how happy I was to see my Mommy and my Grandma when I came out of that tunnel. Funny, because I can't wait to see my Mommy again at the end of the tunnel someday! sigh...again
Then, to top off this super special night....WE TOOK THE KIDS TO "THE ROOF."
If you have never been there, you must go, it is the most beautiful view in the world, and the buffet isn't half bad either.
When Brandon and I got engaged...17 yrs ago, our parents took us to "The Roof" for our engagement dinner. It was Brandon and I, his Mom and Dad, my Mom and Dad, and my little sister Muggs. Well, when they seated us, they gave both Muggs and I a CHILDRENS MENU! What the heck...I was so mad! After all, it was ME that was getting married. Now, I WOULD BE FLATTERED!
This was the view from our table! We felt like we were sitting in the corner of heaven:)
ONE OF THE MOST PERFECT EVENINGS EVER! I LOVE MY FAMILY SO MUCH!
7 comments:
What a sweet post! I love the way you teach your children... by example! You have such a beautiful family! (I seriously can't believe how grown up they all look!)
Sniff...sniff... reading this made me cry! What a beautiful family you have! What a memorable night! xoxo
That is so beautiful! What a super fun and special family home evening. I am sorry about your mom-what fun memories you have with her and how awesome it will be to see her again someday! I LOVE that they brought you a children's menu for your engagement! Hilarious!! :)
Sweet precious Chance. Kinda funny...Jackson asked to go there just on Sunday (granted, he wanted to go there instead of church, but still..thinking alike). I'm going to have to do that for a FHE.
You must be hanging out with Ms. Photo Gal Culley...your photos look fantastic!!
What a special night! You made me cry, too! I just may have to copy you on this one...sounds like a great idea for FHE!!
I didn't know about your mom, but what you wrote was so sweet!
I seriously cracked up about you getting the children's menu. They probably would have given you one again if you didn't have all those stinkin' cute kids with you this time!
WOW -- now I don't have to go to church for at least a month... I feel like I have been spiritually fed by this post. The pictures were amazing. My cup is full. Thanks Liz -- you are the cutest stinkin mom ever.
Post a Comment