Thursday, March 31, 2011

She makes it!

Two weeks ago, Addie had cheer try-outs for the 7th grade....SHE MADE IT! 

She is so excited and has already made so many new friends on the team! I love that she just loves to hang out with whoever and has such a great variety of friends...that's what life is about I think.  We are so proud of her!! She just makes me smile...I can't wait to see what that girl does with her life when she grows up...she will be successful at whatever she goes after!

Also, "this" sucker of a mom (me), is the coach again...it's a love/hate relationship. It's more work than I can explain, but for some reason I'd be lost without it. It keeps me young, it keeps me close with my girls, and I only have two years left until I won't be able to work with my girlies anymore...and I can't do much for my boys, unless I become a football coach??? Hmmmm, that's a thought! I love it when football players make a "basket." Ha ha ha...just kidding.

 The girls at the first day of clinics! Super nervous and excited!


Kenzie and I. She is the Varsity Cheerleader in charge of teaching our girls the game cheers this year. I have also partnered up on coaching with my girls BFF's mom "Stacey!" Our team is gonna stinkin ROCK! We are so excited:)

 So many girls went out for the squads. It's great to see how "Westlake" little league cheer program is just growing and thriving!
(AND NO...I DID NOT GET TO JUDGE OR PICK MY TEAM...DON'T ACT LIKE YOU WEREN'T THINKING IT!) But I wish I did! As a matter of fact I was having a small surgery on the day of try-outs (just having a couple of small bumps removed..wink,wink). No biggie.

This was Addie's good luck gift! I hope she looks at it every day and never gives up on what she really wants...NO MATTER WHAT IT IS! Congrats my sweet girl!

4 comments:

margo said...

Yea -- congrats to Addie! She is such a cute cheerleader. I'm sure your squad will be great this year with you and Stacy coaching:) I will have to pick Lindsie up off the floor crying during competition time! Those girls are so lucky to have you--you are super duper:)

margo said...

ha ha ha .. those bumps were not small:)

Goddard Family said...

Way to go Addie...and way to go SUPER MOM! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Addie! And you will be a fab coach. They are lucky ducks to have you.