Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"8" is very GREAT!!

This past week, my little baby Chance somehow turned "8"!!! So many wonderful things come with turning that small number. Baptism, 3rd grade, and being able to finally go to CUB SCOUTS! What a great year it will be for my little munchkin! He is so excited for what lies ahead.

As far as celebrating his birthday, we did a couple of fun things over the weekend.  Friday at school, Easton and I took in root beer floats for Chances class. It was his teachers birthday too, so we got to have a little more time than most birthdays because she was feeling so fun. She made sword balloons for all the kids and went out on the playground and got on the swings and monkey bars with the kids. Chance thought that was spectacular!
On Friday night, we took him and a couple of buddies to see the new "Pirates" movie.
And the next night, we took our family and a few of the kids friends to the "Blaze" game. Where my Dad and Jods got a suite and filled it with goodies and an adorable football cake! My Grandpa Wendell came and a few of Jodi's family members. It was really kicked back and fun.

We are so in love with our sweet Chancie (as Easton calls him). Here are a few things that make me smile when I think about him:
His new "toothless" grin
His gorgeous baby blue eyes
His little face...so defined, so serious
Nobody asks more questions than this kid. Thrives on information and facts.
He rarely laughs really hard, but it is contagious when he does:)
He is really good at sports and doesn't know it!
He is obsessed with the military. Especially the "Navy." He was so proud they killed Osama:)
He wants a German Shepherd when he gets home from his mission
He is so great with our new puppy "Oakley"
He works so hard at being a better reader
He is an awesome artist. You can always find him with a packet of "sharpies" and a stack of paper.
He likes Justin Beiber. I sometimes catch him trying to pull down his britches so his boxers stick out:)
We have to cut his hair often. He tells me he needs a "snip" if it gets too long. A military thing I guess.
He can't put his new "scout" manual down. He wants to pass everything off immediately.
Mostly, he reminds me so much of his Daddy...(and we all know I like him a lot too)

He is very shy. He is a creature of habit. Only Brandon and I understand most of his behaviors and what makes him tick. We get him, we love him madly! We are so proud to have him for our BOY.







Chance and Mrs. Tucker


PiRaTeS of the CaRIBbeAn

bLaZE GaMe






Our first "boy scout!"
Happy Birthday Chance. We love you buddy!!

4 comments:

jenn said...

What a sweet post for your birthday boy. Happy Birthday Chance!!!

That last picture of him in his scout uniform is priceless. Love it!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

WHAT A PEANUT!

Bell Family said...

Happy Birthday Chance-Man!! I can't believe how stinkin' big he has gotten. Looks like his birthday was a blast!! He's the cutest Boy Scout ever!!

Jennifer said...

I know I'm not telling you anything new, but you're an awesome blogger! Love it. He'll treasure these memories that you've captured so well.