We haven't been to Lake Powell since my Mom died 7 years ago. She loved it there so much. We all have great memories of vacationing there...except my boys. Chance was only one when she passed away! So it was about time we go!
Dad and Dotty invited us down and it was so relaxing and fun. The kids couldn't get over how warm the water was. I think they were in water more than they were on land. And I had forgotten how breath taking it is...all that red rock and green/blue water!
The boys had to go immediately to the gift store and sport some "Powell" apparel.
So, my Dad has this crazy "go fast" boat. He freakin loves this thing and it is louder than an airplane and goes just about a million miles an hour. WELL, the boys thought it was the BOMB. They had to wear headphones to hear each other. At one point, Brandon and my dad had to turn off Eastons outgoing sound because he wouldn't quit talking to himself and singing:)
Wave runners were also a blast!
Dotty is so accommodating and so kind to all of us. She is also very sweet about letting us be open to talking about my mom. She really is a great person, and I'm glad my dad has her in his life.
Brandon going "90" in the boat...butt puckering! I had to put my headphones in and listen to happy music so I didn't have a panic attack!
Chance had to get his wake boarding in. He is becoming quite the pro.
We celebrated all of the birthdays at once....we obviously don't get to see Poppy and Dotty too often. They are crazy kids and travel a lot!
We loved riding in the "mule" back and forth in the marina. At the old marina you had to huck everything in and out and walk a mile each way in the blazing heat. Here, you just load up and go back and forth on the golf carts! Heck yeah!
It was mostly just fun to go off of the slide, swim, eat, laugh and enjoy being with family! We can't wait until we can go back....WE HEART LAKE POWELL:)
3 comments:
So fun! We go next week and I can't wait! :)
Love it! My hubby has never been...so it's on my bucket list! Isn't there a freaking speed limit in Powell? Surprised you didn't blow out the back of the boat going that fast seeing that you are FrEaKiNg TiNy? Darling pics...you don't look like their mom you look like their older sis? Wierd? Glad you had a good time!
Oh, I LOVE this! Lake Powell really can be so magnificent. So happy you got to go! :)
And, can I just say, that you look like you're one of the teenagers!! You are the cutest mama on the planet.
Post a Comment