Yesterday, the kids were out of school so we all decided to go to the zoo. None of us had ever been there in the winter and we had heard that the animals were so much more lively in the cold weather. Well, that was certainly the TRUTH! The alligator in the "stinky" reptile building was swimming around and swinging it's tail like crazy! In all my years, I've never seen that thing even move!
This is Chance...laughing his head off at "Akara" the baby orangutang. She kept swinging around and hitting the glass. Then she would come and give the kids a kiss at the window. We sat and played with her for like 25 minutes!
Chance has an obsession with penguins...look how close we got to those!
The boys got to ride on these "real" tigers.
My little dorks
Easton loved the cougars...he kept roaring at them!
Chance ran into his little friend from school "Talin." They thought that was so cool.
Hannah...giving her little brother a "piggy-back" ride. I wish I could capture that in a bottle.
It was a beautiful day with just me and the kids. A little cold, but the sun was shining. I love days like this...unplanned and perfect!
4 comments:
That does look like a very perfect day!
THOSE KIND OF DAYS ARE MY VERY FAVORITE THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD... JUST THE FAM!!!
That is so cool that the animals were actually moving around! I love a fun, spontaneous day like that! See, you really are Mother of the Year
WAY FUN! I need to get to the Zoo I guess! I have never been in the Winter either. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment