Brandon and I went to New Orleans last week for a few days. He had to work, and I got to play!
This was our hotel. Right smack in the middle of the French Quarter and within walking distance of everything.
Everytime Brandon goes to these "Board Functions" they always leave a really nice bottle of wine or champagne in his room when he arrives. He spends most of his time trying to give it away to someone that drinks. So this time, they sent him cookies and milk. We laughed so hard.
The first night we were there, we went out on the town and found a cute little beignet stand and listened to Jazz music. It was a blast. I love the energy in New Orleans at night. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's fun to visit. (If you don't know what a beignet is, it is like a little scone smothered in powdered sugar.)
On the second night, we went with the whole group to this cooking school. We were split into groups and each had to make a different course. My group had the bread pudding with rum sauce. And Brandon's had shrimp and artichoke soup. It was so fun.
They gave us our own aprons to take home.
We had to serve what we prepared for the whole group. Brandon was the spokesperson.
This is his "sophomore" class. He has two more years after this of serving on the PPAI board.
On the last day, Brandon got out of meetings early and we walked to "Cafe Du Monde" for more beignets. I can't imagine why I just keep gaining weight...its a mystery.
This was the guy making the beignets. He would cut them on the machine and then just throw them over his shoulder into the hot grease. It was crazy.
This was a homeless girl that was selling her art on the street.
As I walked away after talking to her, my heart told me to go back and buy one. I chose the one with the owls. It was $35 and totally worth it. She was excited, and I will frame it and put it somewhere. They are literally made from paper bags and magazines....and I really do think they are neat!
Most important photo of all: BRAD PITT AND ANGELINA JOLIES PLACE. HOLLA!
I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU (IN THE CUTE RED SHIRT) AND BRANDON. YOU BOTH LOOK SO RELAXED, AND LIKE YOUR HAVING SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER!!!
ROSS WENT TO NEW ORLEANS A FEW YEARS BACK ON BUSINESS, BUT I COULDN'T COME WITH, FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER. NEW ORLEANS IS DEFINITELY ON MY "TOP PLACES TO VISIT" LIST!
GLAD YOUR BACK SAFELY... ALLINA LOOKS FORWARD TO HER VISIT ON MONDAY! LOVE YA BOTH!!!!!
What fun! It looks so quaint and inviting. Maybe some day Chris and I can plan on tagging along on the trip with you guys {do you like how I am inviting myself?}- it looks very relaxing.
Love the cooking class and delicious looking scones.
I like your new blog look...so springy!! New Orleans looks fun! I love how they left you cookies and milk...yum! That scone thing sounds sooooo good about right now, too!! (I'm writing this as I 'cleanse'...can you tell?) Thanks a lot for the torture!!
6 comments:
Looks like fun! I hope you are doing well and that you are enjoying living in BFE!
Welcome back home!!! Welcome back to blogging!! Looks like a fun trip. Did you get some Jumbalya? It's all about the food!! YUMMO!!
I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU (IN THE CUTE RED SHIRT) AND BRANDON. YOU BOTH LOOK SO RELAXED, AND LIKE YOUR HAVING SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER!!!
ROSS WENT TO NEW ORLEANS A FEW YEARS BACK ON BUSINESS, BUT I COULDN'T COME WITH, FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER. NEW ORLEANS IS DEFINITELY ON MY "TOP PLACES TO VISIT" LIST!
GLAD YOUR BACK SAFELY... ALLINA LOOKS FORWARD TO HER VISIT ON MONDAY! LOVE YA BOTH!!!!!
I am so jealous! And so happy you took a pic of Brad and Angelina's place. Now I don't have to get my "US" magazine for the week.
Looks like you guys had so much fun. Hope all is well in your new place!
What fun! It looks so quaint and inviting. Maybe some day Chris and I can plan on tagging along on the trip with you guys {do you like how I am inviting myself?}- it looks very relaxing.
Love the cooking class and delicious looking scones.
You and Brandon are such a cute couple!!!
PS- love your cute festive blog background.
I like your new blog look...so springy!! New Orleans looks fun! I love how they left you cookies and milk...yum! That scone thing sounds sooooo good about right now, too!! (I'm writing this as I 'cleanse'...can you tell?) Thanks a lot for the torture!!
Post a Comment