Monday, June 8, 2009

Toadally cute!!!!


I just happen to have a primary class just full of little rascals. During my first week of teaching, like four people poked their heads in the classroom door asking if I was okay? It took a few minutes, but very quickly I figured out that I had been given the gift of a very lively class. Which consists of nine - 4 year old boys and one little girl.

They are seriously sooooo darling. But also quite the challenge. I have learned to deal with each of them, and discovered what makes them tick. I just love each and every one of them. Even when they run away and hide in the parking lot, or when they use their plastic easter eggs for a penis, or even when they smash crackers all over the carpet and dance in the crumbs.

This Sunday in class, I took the kiddos for a walk around the building and explained to them that I had gone frog hunting with my son a couple of times this past week, and hadn't been able to find a frog. And that if they could look all over the church lawn and find me one, I would be sooooo happy! So this took like fifteen minutes of class time which was the plan! We obviously didn't find a frog.

So tonight, I hear a little knock at the door....I open the door, and there is little Ryan. He holds out his hand and says, "here, Mister Mackay" and hands me a FROG! His mom yells from the car, " it's all he's been talking about...he just HAD to find YOU a frog."

Okay, nothing melts my heart like someone giving me a creature. Especially the FROG that I have been searching for all week. Oh how I love my little class. And that little Ryan will always have a special place in my heart. I love how he calls me Mister Mackay instead of Sister Mackay.
Now I understand why some teachers love to follow their classes all the way through Primary and watch them grow.

What a great day.

8 comments:

jenn said...

Oh, how thoughtful is that? And what an adorable little boy...so handsome.

You and your love for animals. I'm sure you happily took it from him, pretty sure I would have screamed like a girl. :)

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

THAT IS THE MOST ADORABLE LITTLE STORY EVER... THANK GOODNESS FOR "BLOGGED MEMORIES"!

WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU ARE GETTING SETTLED... ALLINA LOVED HELPING THE GIRLS!!!

margo said...

Yeah -- I also heard you were looking all over for a kitten. I'll send my kids right over with one for you!

Bell Family said...

Precious. Just precious.

Liz said...

Margo...enough with the kittens. You are a terrible person for ripping them out of your childrens lives...I think you should keep all 5 of them!!!!

Amy said...

So stinkin' cute!

Scha&Andi said...

omg. that is so darn cute. look at his face! bahahaha! love it.

Natali Thompson said...

That is the sweetest thing Mister Mackay! I hope you keep that frog! :)