Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Home Game for Westlake "Thunder"

There were many opening games this week...Utah, BYU, and lets not forget....Westlake!!! Oh yes, the time had come for the big opening night and the town was buzzing with excitement. We were all so excited for the "friday night lights" to illuminate our new THUNDER stadium!!!! For some reason football games still make me giddy. I love everything about them.

Amanda and Addie working hard in the kitchen to get ready for the tail gate party! Home made baked beans and grilled onions for the hot dogs!!! yummy


Uhhhh....so funny. Mostly because Amanda would have sooner killed herself than be a screaming cheerleader....and here she looks pretty stinking comfortable. hee hee

The gals..getting ready to go.

Allina....pouting because she had to stay and tend Easton! Sorry Lina....maybe next game.


Seriously...you might have thought this was a "U" game. Minus the alcohol. lol



Liz and Tara...rockin' those Westlake tee's!

Mark...manning the super huge grill.

Chances cute buddy...Connor and his mom Chantel.

Mallory and Emery

Grace (cousin)

Ahhh...BFF's!


Lisa (angry elf)

The Whites

Shari...givin' bones

Ahhhh..my cute boys

Little Luke loved the face painting booth!


Our friends Rick and Bryan own the physical therapy practice that cover the Westlake F.B Team!
I keep trying to make them give me one of their red shirts so I can go down on the field with them and see the injuries...maybe soon they will respect my wishes! lol

Every time a touchdown was made, all the little boys would rush to the front taking off their shirts and swinging them around. Hilarious.

One of the funnest nights I have had in a long time. The kids had a ball. The adults acted like children. The food was incredible. Westlake didn't win....but we didn't get killed either.

I thought that I would never cheer for another team besides Cottonwood, but now I realize that I can love two teams...I certainly have hometown pride for our "Thunder" and can't wait to see my kids grow up in this organization.

7 comments:

a-jodi-hall-a-day said...

That was a fun night. Glad all the kiddies could be a part of the Youth Football League! We are stoked that all our hard work has been so successful.
Go Westlake!

margo said...

That was such a fun night. I will support you in your excitements since you always support me in mine! LOL

The Wride Family said...

Looks like lots of fun. Wish we could have been there. I love your cheerleading moves. I hope you did not eat one of those hot dogs, I am sure they are not on your diet!!!! lol Your blog is so cute I love to read what you write!

Goddard Family said...

YEAH! GO WESTLAKE!

Bell Family said...

Looks like so much fun!! You are quiet the partier. That picture with Cheerleader Amanda cracks me up. Sorry we never made it up this week. Hope you had fun.

susan hall said...

love this post im sorry we were'nt there for sure glad we made it last week..ps why is lisa a angry little elf? haha

susan hall said...

love this post im sorry we were'nt there for sure glad we made it last week..ps why is lisa a angry little elf? haha