Friday, February 12, 2010

Gloomy Day = Clean House


Every now and again, I must "welcome" a gloomy day.


I mean, one of those days that I don't leave the house ALL DAY LONG!
(which, might I add... is a very rare day)
I turn on the fireplace...


Throw something yummy and comforting in the crock pot...


Light a fresh, spring smelling candle...


Put on my PANDORA radio and blare it though the house...



Somehow by doing all of these things, it makes this job tolerable.


And even hard core, scrubbing, disinfecting cleaning look do-able.


Organizing is a breeze.


And vacuuming a snap!

Sometimes we just have to embrace that
gloomy day!

(Where is Easton during all of this you might say to yourself??? And I say, "undoing everything as fast as I get it done." But oh well, we always have that warm comforting dinner to look forward to.)

8 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

THIS IS A PERFECT DAY TO ME... I VERY MUCH DISLIKE ERRANDS AND RUNNING AROUND! I LOVE MY VERY OWN COZY HAVEN, AND THE BEAUTIFUL SOLITUDE WITHIN. I'M GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED YOUR LOVELY "GLOOMY DAY"!!!

susan hall said...

i can just smell that candle and that pot roast???? some of my favorite times are these times in my cozy house looking over the gloom...but know the sun is shinning and its pretty nice out there..so hopefully you are done cleaning and can get out there!!!

margo said...

You forgot to say.... "then I call my friend Margo and she comes over to play super mario brothers and eat cookie dough!"

The Wride Family said...

I love your posts they are always soooo creative. Let me tell you what I did on my gloomy day.... Ate chocholate chip cookies and peanut butter M&M and sat on my butt all day!!!! The funny thing is I don't even like peanut butter M&M what is up with that???? I needed you on my gloomy day to lift me up where were you????!!!!!

jenn said...

The next time it is gloomy I will be calling you to come and spruce up my house. Yours is already perfect!

jenn said...

ps- just looked outside. Looks pretty bleak. Want to come clean?

He, he.

jenn said...

Oh, and Pandora rocks.

Scha&Andi said...

you freakin go girl. i can SO relate. i almost don't think it is worth it with william around but you are an inspiration.