
Bikes???....check

Kids???...check

Lunch on the road???...check



Now off to Moab we goooooo!!!!

The purpose of this trip was to support Margo, her sister Meg, Tara, Brandon and Chris in the half marathon! Here's a photo of Margo at the finish line...I cried...that's a good friend for ya!

Easton...welcoming in all of the runners! Whether we knew them or not! (can you say...hand sanitizer:)

There's Tara...more tears from me of course!!

And Meg....this girl just had a baby less than a year ago...JERK!

Tara and I laying on the lawn after the race...
because I needed to lay down after all that crying!
The morning of the race, "flexible Ricky" got up and made all the kids his famous omelets.

Brandon got sick on our cruise and was unable to train much, so he ended up running the 5 mile rather than the half. He still did great of course!
Chris
(whom I didn't get a picture of) finished the race long before we got there to welcome them all in! Why you might say??? Because he was so stinkin fast! Ridiculous fast! Almost wrong!

The girls getting ready to go! Hopefully next year I may...
A BIG MAY...join them! I have to complete my eating marathon first.

The kids loved the sweet condo that Tara found for us. The hot tub was a hit.

Easton thought the whole sleeping bag thing was the "bomb."

The older kids painted mustaches on the younger kids while they slept. We laughed our heads off. They seriously had the best time.

Hannah took her cute friend "Alyssa". They babysat the kids while the adults went out to dinner. Sometimes having teenagers is super dooper!

Easton....was born to ride.

Right across the street from our condo was a "jump" park. The kids and the dads were amazing. They were pro's by the time we left. Except maybe Bubba...he just kept falling into shrubs. Chance was so concerned for him...
"Bubba, you okay?"


After the big race, we loaded up our families and took a fun mountain bike ride. I don't know how those girls did it after running thirteen flippin' miles??? yikes



I tried to pump up my tire and just made it completely flat! ha ha ha. Margo had to come fix it, but she wasn't very happy about it! It was my first ride...it's the least she could do!
p.s. i absolutely loved mountain biking...i think i might get hooked...but don't tell!!!!
The daddies...walking their little ones. Won't this picture be priceless someday?

Waiting for the honey bucket!

This is Brandon and I before our hike to "delicate arch." See how happy we looked before Brandon had to carry Easton for three miles on his shoulders! Let's just say...he was a tad bit irritated by the time we got to the bottom! hee hee hee

But look how cute he is! It was worth it I'm sure.

All the kids loved the hike.

Tara was the only one brave enough to go out to the middle of the arch with all the kids. I sat on the other side and took the photo's. My stomach was so sick...I just knew one of the kids were going to go off the edge. I'm not really good with heights and kids. My mind plays crazy tricks...I couldn't get out of there fast enough!
But it was very beautiful.


Another great weekend with family and friends! Who could ask for more?
8 comments:
ha ha ha ha ha. What a fun trip that was. The best part was that you got the mtn biking BUG! Yahooo!! I can't believe what a fun time it was. My kids are still talking about all the memories. I had no idea Brandon was so irriated on the hike... he hides it so well. Can't wait for next year. Let's start training right away
Okay, that looks like so much fun!! I'm so sad we missed out. We always miss out! Curse.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but....if you do it next year, I will too! (let's just not tell our you-know-who's). Or I will join you in the food marathon. Either way...
Love ya. Miss ya. Call me. :)
hahaha i can just hear all the laughing and chaos from you crazies.... i had to laugh about flexible ricky...so so much fun maybe next year ill do it with ya...that would be a blast...i did'nt know that brandon got sick...crap that sucks...so glad you guys went and had a blast...
BTW: I was happy to pump up your tire. I love working on bikes. I can't wait til you get your first flat with me on the trail. It's fun fixing it. hee hee
Also -- Jenn and Liz I am holding you to it. I have printed off a copy of this page and have it for proof!
i LOVE moab. looks like so much fun. yes i too would be tired from all that crying. liz i would join you on the lawn. looks much cozier. :)
What a fun trip-it looks like you guys had a great time on your cruise too! Way to go Margo-I always cry when Kelli runs marathons too-that is why I tried one and I cried harder running with her-she can be mean! :)
Hmmmmm....Liz why were there NO tears for me??!! You cried for Margo and Tara. Were you holding a grudge just because I flipped you off the night before? Sheesh I know where I stand with you...just for that I am going to order whatever Brandon orders next time we go out :)
Post a Comment