Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Crying...just thinking about what to call this post???

My dear friend Margo and her family were in a terrible accident this week. One that "headlined" every news station late Sunday evening! One that's title read:

"Accident in Bluffdale, leaves 2 dead..one in critical condition"
  (Margo was the one in critical condition) here's a few photo's of the rubble



The other car just came spinning across Redwood Road out of nowhere and slammed right into the Lybberts car.  Rick and the kids were a little bumped and bruised. However, Margo was taken to the nearest hospital where they found out she had a broken neck. Her c6-c7 vertebrae was fractured and moved like 6mm. She had to be put in a "halo" which gives me nightmares to even think about, and once they had her spine back in place, they were able to go in and repair the damage. She had part of her hip bone removed to make part of the repair and fuse the spine back together. I kid you not....the doctors absolutely are scratching their heads in disbelief that she wasn't paralyzed in any way...THANK GOODNESS!!!
She has soared through this thing...she is my hero. I love her with all my heart.  I am so lucky to have her in my life. I can't help but laugh and smile when I am with her.  She feeds my soul!
Tomorrow she comes home....
There will be many struggles left to overcome as she has to wear a neckbrace 24/7 for the next 6-12 weeks, and she will be in quite a bit of pain during recovery! But she is "Super Margo" and she will fly through it all with such dignity.
Lisa and I are in charge of keeping track of the folks that want to help with kids, cleaning, and dinners. Let me just tell you, THERE IS NOW A WAITING LIST. We may have to start taking applications:) Margo is truly loved!
Here are a few photo's of her in the hospital. I know she will hate them now, but someday she will love me for taking them! Please continue to pray for her and her sweet family.  We still don't know much about the couple in the other car except that they were in their 70's and driving super out of control. So sad for them and their families also.
 Lisa and I took her kids up to the hospital last night for the first time....this is them picking out the perfect bouquet for their Mama.
Troy, Lindsie, and Mallory...ready to go see their Mom for the first time. They were so excited!


 I wanted to post this picture just to show Margo how "rock bottom" I hit! That darn "Lisa" snuck in a shower while I was at cheer practice. But she pretty much looked as hammered as me all day. We were trying to take care of the house, the puppy, the kids (we kept all 10 between the 3 families) out of school on Monday, the laundry, and most of all the tremendous amount of phone calls between friends and neighbors! It was a full time job in itself:) Not to mention, we were emotionally a wreck...everytime I had one minute to myself in the car, I would just break down and cry. I mean "really" cry.   Margo usually takes care of us...so this time, IT WAS OUR TURN. And we felt honored. There's not much you can ever do for that girl!!!!!
 She is going to "cut me" for taking this. But look how sweet Mallory is looking at her! The funny thing is, she was asking Margo "how the paramedics cut her clothes off without seeing her naked?" That really concerned her:) lol

And lets not forget her sweet husband "Rick." I have never seen this man so emotional. He has not left her side in 4 days now...not even for a minute! He is so grateful for the outcome of this whole thing. This is him talking to our Bishop and his wife Jolie.  Jolie is crying because she just saw the xrays of Margo's spine. It is a miracle. Life is so precious!


Now, here's my favorite photo of all....that's my girl!  I cry every time i look at it!!!
Her first walk!!! yipeeeeee
Love you "Margarita!"

15 comments:

margo said...

All I can say is I love you guys and am overwhelmed by all of your love and support. I can't see the screen to type more through my tears.

DKAZ said...

Chills at sight of her walking!!!

Her CUTE CUTE little kids too. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how something like this can rock your world and turn it on it's head.

I am praying for Margo, she's lucky she has good friends like you to take care of her and her family. And by the way Liz-you look just fine! And I'm so glad you had something to smile about, such a blessing she is alive and ok. Sending love and prayers up North.

jenn said...

This is truly a miracle...a blessing in big bold letters from our Father in Heaven. Every time I think about her I get the chills and want to cry! She is amazing and I know she will pull through this. What a sweet post, Liz. You are an amazing friend.

Bell Family said...

That is just heartbreaking! I'm so sorry for Margo, her family AND you! Thank goodness she is okay. There are numerous blessing in that situation including the blessing of good friends like the Mackays!

Natali Thompson said...

Are you even kidding me??? I did see that headline and you always hope it isn't someone you know! Please tell Margo and Rick that they are in our prayers and let us know if we can do anything to help! She is truly superwoman and if anyone can get over this quickly it is her! I am so glad she can get up and about! Tell Rick if he needs anything to call-Dave was just talking about him the other day.

Durrant said...

Wow... what a miracle. She must have something special in store for her! What an amazing story! She is so lucky to have such amazing friends through this!

Amy said...

That is horrible! I'm so glad she's going to be okay. What a huge MIRACLE! That pic of her holding her daughters hand is precious. Margo looks amazing for having been through what she had.

She is truly blessed to have you as a friend. Sending prayers your way!

Kristin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Margo takin her first walk!! She's amazing. And she has amazing friends. Please put me on the "waiting list" for anything she needs help with...

Lisa Erskine said...

We love you, Margo...and can't believe what a MIRACLE you are...your AMAZING! Great post Lizzy-Loo! My emotions are all over the board still...thanks to you for being there for Margo...and for ME!! You're a great friend...and like you said, Margo has always been there for us, but now it's our turn to pay her back!! Go Lupe! :)

SUSAN HALL said...

LOVE YOU MARGO, NOW IM CRYING...AGAIN..YOU ARE EVERYONES HERO..YOU ROCK SERIOUSLY I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP...GOOD JOB ON THE POST LIZ...

The mom said...

I hate you Liz for making me cry again! What a miracle! I'm so thankful it wasn't her time to go. Love you Margo and wishing you a SPEEEEEEDY recovery!

Goddard Family said...

Oh my...so glad she will be okay! There is nothing better than true friends. And yes she will love all of the pictures...she is beautiful...can't believe how good she looks after getting the crap kicked out of her!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Obviously Margo is an amazing girly... for MANY reasons. What a beautiful gift you are "to her" sweet Liz.

I got my "big acorns" out the other day... and was reminded AGAIN of your goodness. I will cherish them and you... always.

Margo and her family will be in our thoughts and prayers throughout the Holiday Season. Ross also wanted me to send his love and well-wishes.

Okay Margo, I don't know you or anything, but YOU PUT THOSE FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO WORK GIRLFRIEND... BELLS, BULL-HORNS, WHISTLES AND WHIPS (Liz likes whips), AND GET WELL SOON CUTE GIRL!!!!!

Janet & Allan Wilson said...

As Margo's mother and father we just can't thank all of you enough for the love and concern and support you have given to Margo, Rick, and our darling little Grandchildren at this difficult time! May our Heavenly Father bless each one of you as He continues to bless our dear daughter and her family. Thank you for your post Liz. We love you all!!!!!!!!

The Wride Family said...

OK I have got on your blog 100 times to make a comment but when I do I start to cry so hard I cant see through my tears to comment! So here I go tears and all. Margo I love you so much you are truely my hero. You have always been there for me when I needed help with anything or to just talk and now I hope you know I am here for you for anything you need! You better not ever think twice if you need somehting please call me or walk over and we can just sit and talk and maybe I will even walk you home!! I would love to run to smart cookie for you when you are ready for a smart cookie party!!! LOL I am so happy you are doing so good! Liz I love your post you did such a great job. Love your guts too!! Love ya Mel