Monday, January 3, 2011

Johnson Family Holiday Party

My moms side of the family rarely gets together anymore ( I think maybe twice since mom passed away nearly 6 years ago). We all just have our own families and are so busy, we just forget how wonderful it is to get together with the whole clan! Sad but true.
So this year, Aunt Di took it upon herself to get everyone together for an early holiday party at her house. It was also the only thing my Grandma wanted for Christmas...and by darn....she got it!!!  She was so happy when everyone arrived and I think the entire family felt the same!











When I arrived at the party, my Grandma gave me a big love and with tears in her eyes whispered in my ear..." I'm so happy everyone is together..well, almost everyone." And both of us just held each other with "heavy" yet, "happy" hearts!
I  drove home that night with a big smile on my face. My kids were happy and had the best time,
and...
I couldn't help but think that my mommy was smiling down on us...SHE WAS PLEASED!
So, thanks Aunt Di, you really started out our holiday in the BEST POSSIBLE WAY! WE  LOVE YOU.

*MUGGS WASN'T ABLE TO COME EITHER, SHE WAS TRAPPED IN CALI...WORKING HARD. SO SHE WAS EXCUSED UNTIL NEXT YEAR:) SHE WAS MISSED.

2 comments:

margo said...

So glad you all got together!!! Mostly because you learned about that fun LCR game!!! I love it. Your grandma is so cute and I'm sure it meant so much to her to have her family with her.

jenn said...

what a sweet post. I love, love, love that picture of you and the girls with Aunt Di and Lou. What a treasure!

And I'm assuming the adorable little girl is Baby Kit. She's all grown up!

Your mom was smiling indeed.