I will be doing several posts about this trip. I did a lot of journaling each day, so I am planning on doing a post each day that we were there. There is just too much information and too many pictures to fit it all into one post! So hang in there, if you want to read all about it...great. If not, too bad:)
April 7th:
Let me start out by saying... the night before we left to go on our vacation, Easton came down with a terrible case of the flu. He literally barfed every 30 minutes all night long. So yay, I was already exhausted when we left the house to go to the airport. And I was totally stressed about flying with a sick kid. But, he made it all the way to Kansas City without an incident. Phew
However; he did nearly kill the stuardess when she made him put up his tray and it broke his silly putty creation. Oh man, he was so mad at her...good he was strapped down:) He was a riot on the plane and everyone around us was cracking up. He even made up the funniest songs and was singing them so loud for all to enjoy!
April 8th: DAY 1
When we arrived in Kansas City and stepped outside of the airport, the weather was so warm and humid. Oopsie, I kinda told my whole family to pack like we were still going to be in Utah. All of the info that I had gathered, said that is was cold, rainy, and icky in those parts! But au' contrare....it was warm and gorgeous!
Next, we headed to the parking garage to pick up our SUPER NICE, DELUXE, ELEGANT...Kia mini van! Yep, it was a looker. All silver and sporty...not! It was filthy inside and Brandon was a little ticked, since the rental car was the most expensive part of the whole trip! We made a complaint to the attendant as we pulled away and he gave me the number of his boss who we could call to leave a complaint.
Then, off to our first hotel. Brandon and I knew that we would have to add a few "bells and whistles" to this vacation or the smaller kids would go nuts just touring church sites. So Brandon found this awesome place called the "Great Wolf Lodge" and it had a huge indoor water park. It was the perfect way to start out. As we walked into the grand lobby, the kids were flipping out. There was a huge fireplace, taxidermy animals everywhere, a build a bear station in the lobby, and a huge glass window that looked out into the waterpark area!
Brandon waited in line to check-in for no less than 25 minutes. He was starting to go red in the face. I, on the other hand was trying to keep the kids off of everything and busy until we got assigned a room. Meanwhile, Easton decided to do one last BARF...lucky I had a bag! Ewwww
We got our room. Then headed across the street to a huge outdoor mall to find a place to eat. We settled for a BBQ spot and did a little shopping afterwards. Addie tripped and fell into a flower bed in front of a bunch of people, some lady screamed when she saw her go down, and we all died laughing. That was a highlight for the day! Then we went back to rest so that we could get up and do a little sight seeing the next day! After all, Clark Griswold had our trip all mapped out...we had places to go and people to see!
4 comments:
Hooray!! I can't wait to see these posts. You are going to make me jealous!!
That picture of Easton with the bag...poor kiddo.
Oh my goodness!! Soo fun! I love it:) Poor little Easton! I hope you guys had an amazing vacation!
Love you!
Oh, I'm going to LOVE all these posts. Yippee!!!
Poor E....Poor YOU! Barfing and Vacation just shouldn't be allowed. Sorry.
I can just picture all of you fighting over the bathroom to puke! What a mess:) ha ha. I never thought I would see the day Brandon was driving a mini-van. hee hee
Post a Comment