I have been coaching Addie's cheer team for the past three years. By the middle of each year, I say "I'm NOT doing this again next year!" And then, the last competition comes and by the end of it I can't imagine walking away from this cute team and not having them a part of my life. We have come so far together. Plus, I love having something that is special for just Addie and I! Not very often do you get to hang out with your teenager for that many hours a week.
This year, was a little hard. We had some crazy parents (as all sports do), we had some drama, and quite a bit of stress...not to mention, the team is getting older and the competition is getting so much more intense! But we also had a squad that loved each other and supported each other so much. The kids all became so close and such great friends, which was irreplaceable. And we had 3 boys on our team which was TOTALLY AWESOME. At our first comp, they wouldn't let us compete with all the other squads because we were "co'ed" and they had never seen that before in little league! LAME.
But at our last competition, there was nothing in the rule books that could keep us off the stage!
Well, we worked our tushies off and at the last competition....our 7th grade team took 1st for their entire grade in all of Utah County. And....drum roll please.....1ST PLACE OVERALL! Which means they had the highest score of all the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grade teams! HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!!! (The 5th and 6th grades squads also took 1st for their grades, which means...Westlake pretty much ROCKS!)
It was a sweet ending, and I couldn't be more proud of these kids! As far as next year...Addie will cheer for sure. Me, I haven't forgotten the pain quite yet....however; I'm a sucker for pain:)
Here's a glimpse at the last few months....
Cheer Camp
Addie and her cousin...Gracie who is on the 6th Grade team.
Eating breakfast before the football games.
Waiting for competition to start.
Our super cute boys! They are amazing tumblers and a huge distraction for the girls:)
My co-coach "Stacey" and I with our daughters! It was so fun having a partner that is one of my good friends.
Breakfast before comp. Nothing like a little sugar to get them hyped-up!
Right when we found out that we won...so exciting!
THERE IT IS...OUR SWEET VICTORY!!
Addie got in the car after the competition and said, "this was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE."










1 comment:
That is so awesome..you are freaking wonder mom. You look like one of the little cheerleaders...just sayin! Way to go gilrs!
Post a Comment