Friday, February 3, 2012

Another Surgery


Two weeks before Christmas, Brandon dropped a huge ladder on his foot and broke it all the way across the bridge. Then, two weeks after that...he had to have surgery on his other foot to remove some of the hardware from his motorcycle accident a few years ago because it was starting to poke out of the top of his foot. While they were in there, they reconstructed a couple of his toes so he would have a little more movement.

Since I have known Brandon, I have probably been through 6-8 surgeries with him. He claims it's because he is so active and isn't lazy and likes to try new things. I say "let's just be lazy."
It's just so sad to watch him when he comes out of the surgery and into recovery. He is ALWAYS super sick. And this time was even worse than most. I thought he was possibly going to kill over he was so sick and had the worst migraine for the entire first night. By day two, he was just fine and ready to go back to work. Little stinker:)
Here's a picture after two weeks of healing. Lookin' good.
Last week, he got both "boot's" off and he no longer looks like Forrest Gump. We are BACK IN THE GAME! He's super excited to have more movement in the foot....thinks it will improve his waterskiing skills. Holy crap...I'm getting too old to keep up with this man:)

3 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Brandon, I already know that your a STUD... so, SETTLE DOWN!!!

margo said...

I cannot look at that without gagging!!! So glad he had that covered up with a boot:) hee her

jenn said...

That picture of his foot hurts ME! I can only imagine how bad it hurt HIM. Oi!!! Brandon is one tough cookie.

ps- the ladder pic/instructions is hilarious!