Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School

On Monday, the girls started school again. Hannah is in 6th Grade and Addie is in 4th! I can't believe that one of my kids will be in Junior High next year! Unbelievable!The girls: modeling their new outfits...Hannah=sporty Addie=girly girl
My two beautiful girls...trying hard to smile while hugging!

First day of school breakfast: buttered toast with soft boiled eggs.

Moms heart sinks as they walk away!!

Hannah, Natalie, Jaydra, Anna: YES, they are all the same age and NO, Hannah is not a midget.

Maddie and Addie: BFF

The Gang: all walking over the bridge on the way to school!

The girls had a very good first day. Addie absolutely loved her teacher and she only has 5 girls in her whole class with like 25 boys...she thinks that is the bomb! And Hannah said she had to take a lot of tests but really liked her teacher. She is pretty excited to rule the school this year being in the 6th grade and all! We are all struggling to get back in the swing of things...earlier bedtimes, earlier wake-up calls, and homework. Structure is good for us, we just have a little work to do to get there. Honestly, who gets up at 7:30? Ewwww

7 comments:

Rogers Family Blog said...

You can't have kids old enough to go to jr high next year! What?!!! They are adorable. Yummy breakfast!

Lisa Erskine said...

I can't keep up with you and you're blogging! You are the Queen! Your girls are darling! It's sad to watch them go off to school...not because it's sad to have them gone all day and have some peace and quiet around the house...but it just means they're growing up way too fast!!!

Natali Thompson said...

Sigh-I can't even handle this. I can not even begin to imagine having a jr. high kid next year-Seriously...GOOD LUCK! I love how you follow the kids to school with the camera. I am the same way! I feel for Hannah, I was always so much shorter than all of my friends (which you probably relate to as well) until I met Kelli! Yeah for short people. I don't like to hear that it doesn't get easier...what am I going to do??

margo said...

Is that the bridge I used to walk over to get to Park Place with Marti and Tricia??? It looks familar. Your girls look so cute and excited to start school. I love the cute backpacks.

jenn said...

They are so cute I could just squeeze them! Sure do love our Hannah and our Addie.

jenn said...

ps- 7:30 is SO overrated. :)

schaars said...

Your girls looked Darling! Love the first day of school outfits do you remember what a big deal that was. I remember the first day I went to Skyline I had Biology with muggs and she walked in wearing the cutest outfit and I was like holy crap that girl has the cutest style ever it must run in the family!!!