Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Eve

This year on New Years Eve, we met up with a bunch of neighbors to go sledding. It is for sure going to be tradition! We had a blast, and had a great turnout. We also enjoyed doughnuts and Lauretta's creamy hot chocolate!


Michelle Orgill and Rob Keller

Brandon and Easton. Brandon chickened out on the sledding because he has to travel so much this month and was afraid to break something. Which FOR SURE would have happened knowing him.

Maddie, Anna, and Hannah

The Ball Family

Chance was a little scared the very first run, and by the second run...he was a MANIAC!

All the kids would get in a huge line and go down together! We would stand at the top and just laugh our heads off at all the kids getting plowed over!

Lauretta...carrying her hot chocolate.

The hill was so slick...it was hilarious to watch them try to climb back to the top.


***
That night, we traveled to Saratoga Springs for a fun evening with our friends. They reserved a ward house and everyone met there. What a great idea. And with everyone's help the clean-up was easy! Thanks to the Whites and Erskines for putting it all together!

Brandon: getting ready for his mad game of "dodge ball."

Easton and his New Years hat.

That bag is filled with balloons and confetti. When it dropped, you can't imagine what O.C.D. Brandon and I were thinking??? "Holy crap...how are we ever going to get that cleaned up?"

Amber, Lisa, Margo, Tara, and Liz

Mallory and Emery

Lisa's biggest fear is balloons popping. She was FREAKING OUT!

Brandon couldn't find any last minute party favors for our kids. So he gave them these industrial blow horns. They were so obnoxious...and the hit of the party!

Happy New Years!!!!

6 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Krew says... "HAPPY NEW YEAR BABY!!!"

jenn said...

Okay, that picture of Lisa is hilarious! She is so funny.

Sledding and a party on New Years, sounds perfect.

That Easton. He might just be the cutest little dude ever.

I can only imagine about the blow horns. I bet they were so funny!

Natali Thompson said...

Man...you guys have been party animals this season! Everything looks like so much fun. Bree has been talking a ton about your cooking blog-I am checking that out next! See you Saturday!

Emily said...

The sledding party looks like so much fun! I hope the neighborhood does make it a yearly tradition so we can be a part of it next year.

margo said...

I'm so glad you took such great pictures of the new years party! My camera battery died so I didn't get very many. I'm surprised Mallory had her clothes on in that pic you took of her. lol

Amy said...

Looks like you really celebrated! I'm sure your kids loved it!