Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snowballing


So last week, my cute neighbor Michelle took a bunch of the neighbor kids to "Classic Fun Center" to go rollerskating and hang out all day! Well, Hannah up until this point has not shown a whole lot of interest in boys yet. However; she came home that day and announced to me that there was a boy at the rink and he asked her to "snowball." I said, "uhhhh, what is that?" Apparently it is the time when boys have to pick a girl to skate with or vice versa! And during boys choice...the cutest boy in the arena came and asked Hannah to skate!!!!

Holy cow, you can imagine my joy...
NOT! Where has my baby gone, what is this world coming to I ask you? I guess he wanted to hold hands but she politely declined. Then he and his friends followed them around the rest of the day!

So that evening I told Brandon about this fun news and his reply was this..." tell that boy I've got a shotgun and a shovel and I'm not afraid to use it!"
Ahhhh, this ought to be fun. Can't wait until the girls start dating. Brandon is going to be just delightful about the whole experience.

9 comments:

Allina said...

She's a babe, what can you do.. she took after her older sister ;) (me). Love her.

jenn said...

She is such a hottie, can't say that I blame him. :)

That line about the shovel and the shotgun is Chris's favorite too!

McKelle said...

Nice to find your blog. Morgan says he'll be the same way. When Gwen starts dating (and I guess this new little one) he'll be pulling out his guns. Funny.

Scha&Andi said...

I'm with Brandon! I dont' have a shotgun YET but when Gwen starts getting boy attention, I'll be buying one!!!!

Amy said...

Like I said, let the games begin. At least you know that Landon is as up for the challenge as Brandon is! I'm glad I'm starting with a boy-or maybe not. Girls can be pretty aggressive! She is too cute

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

UUUM... I GUESS I'M GLAD THAT FISCHER AND KREW WEREN'T THE CULPRITS THAT TIME. I CAN'T PROMISE THAT WON'T BE THE CASE FOREVER THOUGH! IT REALLY IS YOUR FAULT THOUGH... I MEAN, YOU GUYS SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE SUCH CUTIE PIES!!!!!

BRANDON... PUT THE WEAPON DOWN AND WALK AWAY SLOWLY!!!!! THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG "BOY CRAZY" ADVENTURE!

I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL THOUGH... FISCHER AND KREW WERE ALSO "SNOWBALLING"! FISCHER SAID THAT A "HOT GIRL" ASKED HIM! AAAAH!!!!!

Kent said...

Okay, two things. First, I have to admit that I had no idea what snowballing was. I was definitely thinking it was some new awful thing kids are into now. I guess I am now a member of the old school society.

Second, Brandon, you're being completely unreasonable. Put the shovel down! Instead, just mount this kid's head on your wall as a deterrent to any future guys who may be interested in dating your daughters. I know I will.

Bell Family said...

Hilariolus comments!!
You and Brandon are in for it. You had better get it under control with Hannah cause before you know it, it will be Addie's turn.

Lisa Erskine said...

I've been out of the blogging world lately. All your posts are great (and I love the new look!)! Hanna is too cute...you and Brandon are in trouble with both of your girls! I am laughing at the picture of me on New Years! I'm glad that night is over! :) Let's get together soon. I'll call you back (I got your message last night)!