Wednesday, March 18, 2009

depression, nails, sushi, and a broken window




So, I have to admit that for the first few days in my new environment I was pretty depressed. Change is hard, and this was a HUGE change for our family. It's hard living in a rental and not being able to plant our roots yet...but we are certainly blessed that our house sold so quickly. So beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway, I stayed in bed for a few days when we first got out here. But now, things are getting back to normal. The kids are loving school and making lots of friends. The sun is shining. And by darn...I finally found someone to watch my boys once a week so I can get out and get some things done. Today was the first day that I tried out this new babysitter. She does it for a living, and my boys were in heaven. She even fed them breakfast and lunch, had learning time, and got Chance off to school. It helps that she has a little one his same age.

I took full advantage of my time ALONE. I found a new pharmacy, got my nails done, ate sushi (alone), found a cute boutique, and got a new pair of flip flops...what more could I ask for?


Well, when I went back to pick up Easton from the sitter, she nicely informed me that the boys were absolutely darling, but that Chance had broken her window playing baseball. She felt so bad that she even had to tell me. I was mortified of course, and my $30 bill quickly turned to a $180 surprise. She didn't want me to pay for it, but lets face it...who the crap wants to replace a window that the neighbor kid broke? Needless to say, Chance will not be playing baseball at the sitters from now on. Unless he uses a nerf! Arghhhhh

9 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

WE'RE JUST A PHONE CALL AND A COUNTY AWAY... ALWAYS. SMILE!

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear the kids are adjusting so fast. I knew they would! And if paying for a broken window got you some much needed time alone, then sort of worth it, huh??

DKAZ said...

I can't believe you just up and moved! I'm glad you got out...we Moms need that. About the window...just one of many. :)

Allina said...

So... I speak for Amanda and I...good glad he broke it! Replacing us. Whatever. :) Just kiddin Liz see you on Saturday night..when I come to tend. HA-HA. ;) can't get rid of these blondes SORRY!

Natali Thompson said...

Oh my...that is crazy. I am glad that you are starting to like the neighborhood better-what have you heard on the house that you made an offer on?

Goddard Family said...

Hang in there Liz...there is always witches night out to live for! It will only get better.

Scha&Andi said...

Oh Liz. Your such a trooper! Hang in there! Moves are crazy hard and you've been through a whole lot of change. Your WONDERFUL and I promise you things will really settle and you'll find your happy with it. Rentals are hard too! Hang in there. I'm just glad to hear the kids are doing well with it all.

And nice wheels. I'll moon on state with ya anytime! whoopwhoop!

Wendy and the Crew said...

Lizard! If I ever sale my house I am moving out there. So in no time you and I can play. Be happy. I moved down to Lehi while I try to sale my house and it was an adjustment but it has been good and can't wait to get out by the Lake!

margo said...

I am so mad at you .... now I know depression is an issue, I will come drag you out of bed next time you don't answer the phone! No more sushi alone or shopping alone.. there is no need for that in this neighborhood.