Friday, March 20, 2009

Tidbits about the move

This was our sweet U-haul. It was so funny to watch Brandon drive for two whole days. It was truly a P.O.S. Each time he would have to drive on the freeway, he would freak out because the wind would just blow the whole thing from side to side.

The boys loved creating a "box slide." I swear, why even bother with real toys?


Before we were totally moved out of our Salt Lake house, the kids had to sleep on a blow up mattress for the last few days. Each morning we would come in, and the mattress would be half way deflated, the kids would be hanging off the side, and the blankets scattered every which way.

Here's our "classy" dining room. This was our first meal at the rental (spaghetti)!

Our dining set wouldn't fit in this little kitchen, so we have a card table for the adults and this table for the little boys! It works out just fine I guess.

We had a lot of help on moving day. Thanks to all of you who donated your Saturday for us.

Here's the view out my front door...not bad! Even in this poopie rental we have an acceptable view. At night I can see the temple all lit up on the side of the mountain and the light of the moon reflecting off the lake. It is truly beautiful. That is always a good reminder of why we are here!

3 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

That looks like an adventure for sure! I love the blow up mattresses. You really do have a great view! I am glad you found Easton-you have got your hands full with that one!

jenn said...

Your view IS amazing, the box slide is perfect and all the craziness will be worth it in the end! So glad you're here. :)

margo said...

That water looks skiable -- lets go!