A few weeks ago, I went to a girlfriends birthday party, and they were making vision boards. The invitation said to bring a few magazines from around the house and some scissors...the rest would be provided!
I had no idea what a vision board was. But as we sat around in a big circle on the floor rummaging through magazines and trying to find things that were in our "vision", I really started to get into it...everyone did!
Turns out...I LOVE MY VISION BOARD. I WANT ONE IN EVERY ROOM.
What is a vision board you might ask??? Well, it is simply a poster board with random magazine clippings pasted all over it. A vision board is based on the "law of attraction." Which means, whatever thoughts, ideas, or situations that you give most attention to, will eventually appear in your life.
The vision board is a tool widely being used to create a VISUAL MAP of sorts.
I keep mine hanging on the wall next to my bed. There is so much more I want to add, but I need a bigger poster. So for now, I will concentrate on what I have!
Of course, eating right and losing weight was on everyones board. But you can really get creative with the little details! For example: the adirondack chairs in one of my photos make me smile, the peonies make me want things beautiful and organized and want to go work in my yard, the laundry basket reminds me that if I stay on top of my laundry I always feel much more calm, the yoga girl reminds me to do my 5 minutes of uninterrupted meditation in the morning (that's another post) etc, etc.
*these would be perfect to do for a family night, or for an office project, or even gratitude boards would be awesome. The possibilities are endless.
Now, go make one for yourself!!!! You will absolutely love it.
5 comments:
so cute...i thought you threw it behind your dresser:) lol
What a fun idea!
I did one of those in a class for school (my professor called it a "Dream Board"), its crazy because its said that if you show the universe what you want it knows what to give you. It truly works. I love mine! :)
Maybe I should do a vision board or maybe not. I am sure it would be really good at this point in my life! LOL
yay yours turned out so cute! love it! mine is hiding in my closet...i'm not ready to face it yet!
Post a Comment