I have been stewing about the H1N1 shot for weeks now. Should I get it, should I get it for my kids??? I was dead set against it in the beginning, because lets face it, I'm afraid of trying anything "new" no matter what it is! But the other night I was watching the news and had a feeling that I better check into it a little more.
Brandon told me to call our pediatrician who we just love and trust, and ask him what he thought. So today, I did that...and he said that we ABSOLUTELY should all have it!
Well, they are only giving it to high risk children and babies under six months right now. But the pediatric office out here in Saratoga is giving it to kids under three TODAY!!!
So off I went and got "E" the immunization shot!!!! YIKES.
I HAVE TO SAY, I FEEL RELIEVED! I would have never forgiven myself if something happened to him and I had been warned. Kids 3 and under are considered high risk! So CONGRATS to Easton for getting the H1N1....sorry to the rest of my kids that I have not yet found them the same gift! BETTER LUCK NEXT WEEK!!!
5 comments:
I have felt the exact same way! I was completely against it, and then did some more investigating, and decided we needed it. My kids schools are offering it through a well known clinic here. I just finished signing them all up. They're going to be thrilled! I think we've made the right decision on this one
Laine and Gwen both got the H1N1 vaccine on Saturday. I couldn't decide at first either, but my pediatricians office got them in and were making appointments. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it done fast and easy. I was in and out within 15 minutes....but if you read my blog, you'll see that Gwen kicked the nurse that gave the shot to her. oops.
Oh how I stressed about this one. Just yesterday both of my boys got it. I do feel better just knowing that they are immunized, let's just hope they don't have babies with flippers like Sam said could happen. (of course he was kidding, but I didn't think it was funny)
I felt the same way at first-I got the shots for the kids a couple of weeks ago (because Miles has asthma) but not for Dave and I yet-can't quite bring myself to wait in a line "hoping" to get a shot for three hours!
Hey Liz my mom works up at Primarys and has heard that a lot of Smiths are getting doses of shots so try there! Sienna just got her booster friday and I qualified because I have lots of health issues and I have to say I am so releaved to be immunized.
Post a Comment