Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Celebrations

ThAnKsGivInG EvE

We started out the holiday with a fun trip with friends to the movies. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but the day before Thanksgiving my kids conned me into taking each of them plus a few of their buddies to the movie. Never mind all the pies I needed to make...
I dropped the older ones at "New Moon", and took my boys to see "Planet 51." It was really fun to just hang with my little guys, eat junk, and giggle together. Not my favorite show, but cute enough.

We had to stop at "Chadders" for some yummy burgers and shakes!

TuRkEy BoWL

On Thanksgiving morning, Brandon took Chance and headed back to our old stomping grounds for the traditional....TURKEY BOWL.

Chance was able to play around with his best buddy Jackson! That was a great way to start out the day. They were soooo excited to see each other.

I told Brandon to take pictures. You can tell they took this of themselves. I'm sure he FORGOT, and was trying to sneak in some last minute photos!!!



DiNnEr at the MaCkaYs
I'm not sure why, but all Chance could talk about this year was how excited he was for pumpkin pie, and he REALLY wanted a "turkey leg." He really did DEVOUR THAT WHOLE THING.

Aunt Kimmie, totally burned her famous "orange rolls." It was so sad, yet hilarious at the same time. We all kept trying to make her feel better, but Brandon just kept rubbing it in and saying things like..."can someone bring me the electric knife to cut these rolls?"
I had to take a picture of them because it is so funny. Cute Austin just kept nibbling at his so he wouldn't make his mom feel bad. Totally reminded me of X-mas Vacation when she cooks the heck out of the turkey and they all chomp on the skin. ha ha ha....we still love ya Kim!
The kids...chillin.
Cute Austin and his girlfriend Lacy.

Amanda and Grandpa

The grandkids. Doing what they do best...fighting, and trying to look innocent.



ThAnKsGiviNg DinNeR at the AdAmS' (Sunday)

The girls...waiting for Grandmas fabulous cookies to be brought out.

My dad, Chance and Grandma Adams.

My cute Grandpa Adams....who is well into his 90's!!! My boys just love him because he is a real cowboy!!!
I am so grateful to have such great families to spend Thanksgiving with. We are truly blessed!

3 comments:

Addie said...

we had so much fun thanksgiving at the mackays was so fun only the orange rolls were burnt so it was also horrible because they are the best part of thanksgiving so are deal was sweet we get orange rolls every holiday i fill bad for aunt kim she will be making orange rolls like crazy for the next year but when she the orange rolls came out of the oven it sounded like someone died every body was yelling

Natali Thompson said...

Looks like a blast! I am glad that Hannah liked the Jacob post! I liked it too! :)

a-jodi-hall-a-day said...

Orange Rolls are like my Monkey Bread. First time I made them I burnt them, so now Ryan's family could do without them every holiday. I make the whole pan for me because they are a must!