Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dixie Spectacular

Two weekends ago, we traveled down to St. George for the "Dixie Spectacular" dance competition! The weather was a bit cold on the first day, but the boys practiced their swimming techniques on the carpet!


We lucked out and found a pretty nice 3 bedroom condo for a really great deal. We just had to overlook the 80's wallpaper and the mirrors surrounding the entire shower:)

Every morning we would get up and head over to the "egg and i." It was a delicious start to our day.

We took Hayden around with us one of the days because his family was going to do some things that he wasn't interested in! So we went and saw "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." We all loved it. Chance has since gotten the book and won't put it down. He seriously carries it with him everywhere.
After the movie, we did a little shopping at the outlets and ate dinner at the "Outback" steakhouse.

On the day of competition, the girls had to be to the convention center by 8:30 a.m, and we didn't get to see them compete until 5:00p.m. So Brandon and I and the boys had a few hours to play. We took the boys to see the St. George Temple, then to a super fun park, and then off to swim for a bit.
Easton and Chance loved sitting in the hot tub while munching on funjuns and sipping their blue frazils:)





Hannah and Addie's first dance was their jazz routine. It was so cute. And they won 1st place!
Next was their lyrical (which I didn't get a picture of) and that won 2nd place!


And their last dance was their FaVoRiTE.....hIp HOp!!!!! Which won 1st place...OVERALL!

Brandon is so supportive. I know it's painful for the dads to have to sit through these long programs. But Brandon is very patient and so proud of the girls. He knows how much time, energy, and money goes into this sport...and he is their #1 fan!

Gotta love the poof skirt:)

Chance is so proud of his sisters. He tries to act like he hates it, but he loves it when he gets to watch his sissies dance! He just smiles from ear to ear!


Holly and I...she is Haydens mom. We got a kick out of watching our cute kiddos.

After the competition, all of the team went to play lazer tag. So Brandon and I took the boys to the "iceberg" for some delicious shakes. I shared a bubblegum one with my boys....they thought it was cool because it was blue. It reminded me of being a kid. However; they don't put pieces of gum in it anymore...what's up with that??? Rip off.

All and all, we had a swell time in good ol' St. George, Utah!!!

6 comments:

Bell Family said...

Oh so fun!! Love those pictures. Addie and Hannah look fantastic!! Looks like so much fun and lovin' that sunshine!!

Grabers said...

Liz, I found your blog through Melissa's. Your family is so cute. I can't believe how much Hannah and Addie have grown. Still beautiful girls. I wasn't around for the boys, but cute as well. You and Brandon haven't changed a bit. You're still a hot mama. I have a blog too it's grabies.blogspot.com. You can see my growing family. I can't believe it's already been 9 yrs. this May since I was around since that was when Maddy was born. I would love to hear from you. Hope you and your family are doing well.
Melissa Graber

margo said...

WOW --- Congrats to Hannah, Addie, and Hayden! I'm sure they were so much fun to watch. They all look so amazing.

jenn said...

Looks like an amazing trip. I believe after reading this that St. George is calling my name.

Hannah and Addie look BEAUTIFUL. Cute, cute costumes. Congrats, girls!

Goddard Family said...

Oh how I would have loved to have been in sunny St. George. Way to go girls! Dancing queens.... you are gorgeous!

Crystal Escobar said...

Hey Liz, I popped over here from Andrea's blog. I'm her sis in law (married to Sean). I've just heard your name a lot before, so I thought I'd come and say hi:)
Love all your pics!