Brandon and I made a quick get-away Saturday night and stayed downtown in a hotel for the evening. He has been working a lot and going to school every night and not getting home until 10:30! Urghhhh
So naturally, I was ready for a little night away.
We had a 40th birthday party to go to for one of Brandons employees "Sydra" and it was at the "American Legion" which is a bar downtown. Only it's a different kind of bar in that you have to be a "Vet" to be a member. When we walked in, I almost died. I thought...what a strange place. But as it started to get crowded and the karoake started and everyone was playing pool and mingling...it ended up being a riot! So, so, fun! There were so many funny old war vets there and they rocked at karoake. Then, we paid $27 for our dinner. It was the HUGEST steak you have ever seen, 44oz. and it came with a salad bar and garlic bread...all for $27 and that was for both of us!!! Are you even kidding me???? I would have never known about this place, and i'm so glad that we got to hang there for awhile.
Then it was off to the "Hyatt" for a little escape time.
I put a few goodies out for Brandon. My favorite gift to him was some leather "UGG" slippers. He looks so handsome in them, and I'm sure they will be loved for many years!
If you can't tell, I'm a bit of an UGG lover now. I never realized how much I liked them until Brandon gave me my first "real" pair for Christmas this year! I'M A BELIEVER...OH YES I AM!
We had breakfast the next morning at this little hole in the wall downtown. That ended up being absolutely amazing! My kind of breakfast foods are a little skewed...like garlic fried rice, grits, biscuits and gravy ( you know, fattening things where you have to go home and lay down after you eat them.) While Brandon loves traditional things...eggs, bacon etc. And they had perfect things for both of us. Complete with orange juice served in mason jars! SUPERB I SAY!
We shopped around downtown, it was a gorgeous day. And of course, we had to spend a little time in the arcade...a date wouldn't be complete without that! Not for us anyways.
And then it was back home to tackle the chores and return to being Mommy and Daddy...which of course was easy to do now that we had recharged our batteries!
Thanks Hun, for the "tiny" escape. I love you!
*And thank you "Allina" for being willing to watch my kids on such short notice! You are the best, and they just love you to pieces! Thank you, thank you.
7 comments:
Wow!! That's a steak!! Love the hotel. Sounds like a fun/deserving get-a-way.
School?? Explain please.... (better not be at the Y)
So, So fun! I need one of those. Where is he going to school?? Hey Bree-watch what you say about the Y now! :)
Its what I do, keeping families togetha foreva baby!! oh, and... love the pirate goodie bag... ha ha ha.. wink wink worked WONDERFULLY for me too!!! :) xoxo
Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.
Although I'm not sure why you would need a break?!?! It's all about ME, remember? :)
You are way tooo cute.....I love how you always make everything so nice... you know how to make everything look amazing. My presents would have never looked that great. I know that's a shock
that last comment was from me...Margo
Sometimes a "quicky" is well worth it... ha ha ;)!!!
Post a Comment