Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines was just like any other day of the week this year. Except for... Daddy got up and made the kids "heart shaped" pancakes and bacon before school.


 Cute Hannah before school. I wonder what's in that bag??? Oh wait, it's a stuffed animal and chocolates for her "VALENTINE."

The boys got these cute sock monkeys and candy for their valentine gifts. They also got a matchbox set of jets (not shown). The girls got sweatshirts, sock monkeys, caramels, and a silver locket!

For dinner, we enjoyed a delicious feast "courtesy of Jana" of creamy tomato soup and homemade rosemary foccaccia. The table was set with valentines books to read while the kids waited to be served, candles, and a cute plant from Brandon's folks!

Per the kids requests...we had chocolate fondue for dessert! IT WAS AMAZING...I'M NOT GONNA LIE!!! 
After dinner, the girls and I went and watched a bit of the Bachelor...love that show. We laugh our heads off at the girl from Utah!
And then, Brandon and I got all the kids in bed and enjoyed one of our favorite movies of all time "ON GOLDEN POND." Love that show, we are soooo going to be like that when we are old. I hope so anyways:)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments about On Golden Pond Ethel Thayer you old poop... Love ya

Bell Family said...

What could be better than fondue, The Bachelor and your cute family on Valentines?? Sounds perfect!

Durrant said...

How cute are you!! The whole day: breakfast, feast, fondue, gifts... too cute!

Natali Thompson said...

Oh...fondue! Sounds delish! What cute pancakes!

Natali Thompson said...

If Ree comes in May {I think is when it is} for her new cookbook you will have to come with us! :)

DKAZ said...

You know crazy Michelle on the Bachelor went to good old CHS right?!? Sounds fun-bet it tasted even better.

jenn said...

Love the Valentine Books while waiting for dinner....clever. :)

The chocolate fondue sounds delish!

Sad beyond sad to see Michelle go...all that crazy was highly entertaining!!!!

margo said...

Ethyl Thayer.....sounds like I'm Lysssping!!! ha ha ha

Kristin said...

love all your new posts! xoxo

The Wride Family said...

I am not to mad you did not invite your girlfriend over for fondue!!! Looks like a fun Valentines day.