Today was a good day. For the last four years now, I have spent the entire week before Mothers Day just dreading it, because my mom is now gone. But when the day finally gets here, I realize that I am now a mom. And I need to enjoy it with my own children, and build Happy Mothers Day Memories with them.
So this morning the kids jumped out of bed and got themselves dressed for 9 a.m church and fixed their own breakfast while I got myself ready. I was very stressed because I had to teach the Relief Society lesson today. But when I finally made it into the kitchen, Brandon and the kids had my gifts laying out to surprise me. I was so excited. The kids made me little books that said why they were grateful for me, Chance made me a beautiful art project, Hannah made me a special box to keep great things in, and Brandon gave me a "camp kitchen." How spoiled I am. Thanks guys for making the day so special.
We didn't do much in the afternoon. We took naps and watched the Jazz playoffs. "GO JAZZ." Tonight we went out to Brandon's folks house for a BBQ. It was so much fun. The kids love going to Grandma and Grandpas with all of their cousins. They play haunted house, air hockey, catch bugs, and play out on the fun playground. Anyway, it was a great ending to a nice day.
10 comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you. I hope when I grow up I can be as good a mom as you are! Love you like a sister-
Sorry about the deleted comment...that was me! Anyways, glad you had a good Mother's Day. It sounds like your kids and husband took good care of you! That picture of you and Easton is precious!! I love it! Go Jazz!! :)
Happy Mothers Day. Looks like you got spoiled rotten. Your mom was a amazing woman and you are so much like her. Darling pics!
I am glad you had a good Mother's Day! You are so strong-I can't believe it has been that long already with your mom- you are such a great mom! Way to go keeping the memories alive.
I love the pictures you posted. You really are a great mom and friend and I admire you and your cute family. Happy Mother's day!
Okay, I'm sitting here bawling. You are such an incredible person, friend, and mother. I look up to you (oh wait, usually down) so much. You are the best!
Great post -- I only met your mom one or two times, but I thought she was darling. I love her picture on the grave stone. She was one amazing woman -- you are now following in her foot steps! Glad you had a great day!
I loved this post. Your mom was the most amazing person and I will never forget all the funny and amazing times I spent with her and your family. It looks like you had a wonderful mothers day!
Lots of hugs and love to you, Lizzie! You are such an amazing, fun, talented, spunky, caring Mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you (totally have Hannah and Addie read this of course!) You are the best. I know your Mom is so proud of you and the amazing Mother and Wife you are. Love ya.
Post a Comment