
Today, Hannah made me so proud. I took the kids swimming at the Cottonwood Club this afternoon. We had just gotten all set up at the pool and of course the kids decided they needed lunch from the snack bar. So Hannah, Addie and Chance scurried off to order their food while I stayed and watched Easton at the pool. About ten minutes later, they all came back while they waited for their food to be cooked.
Hannah sits down with a package of "SKITTLES" in her hand and she is just sobbing. I say to her, "oh my gosh, whats wrong?" And she proceeds to tell me that a little boy about three years old waited patiently in the big line and when he reached the counter he ordered some "SKITTLES" and the lady wouldn't give them to him because he was a part of summer camp and he had already had his lunch! As he walked away with huge tears in his eyes...he reminded Hannah of one of her own brothers, and it was more than her little heart could take. She bought the "SKITTLES" for him. But didn't know how to get them to him because they had sent him back to his activities. So Hannah came back to the pool and just cried.
We ended up going to find his leaders and I explained what had happened. They went and found the little boy and let Hannah give them to him. He shoved them in his little pocket for later. And his sweet face showed Hannah that what she had done, was right. She made the little boys day!
I couldn't help but post this story. Because some days seem so hard with kids. It seems like the impossible to raise them just the way we want. But days like this make it all worth it. I don't know how my kids will turn out, but if they are good people, give back, and love others....I guess we might of done something right!
6 comments:
That is the sweetest story ever! It's those kind of moments that make the every day CRAP seem a little more bearable! I love her tender little heart
Oh how sweet is that story. I dont know what you are worried about your kids have such a amazing momma to look up to. And thank you for your sweet comment I am doing fine its my mom who is having a really hard time. I am really worried about her and I hate to see her sad.
That is the cutest story. Hannah is one of the sweetest girls around. I've really enjoyed getting to know her better lately and she really is so thoughtful and kind to everyone.
Hey there Liz. I just wanted to tell you hello. I ran across your blog. Boy your family is so cute. I love this story. It's darling. I bet you are a great mama...and doing everything just right. Happy day Summer days... you deserve them! aNdrEa♥
Oh that sweet Hannah! She just melts my heart. Such a nice, thoughtful girl.
I agree, moments like that make it all worth it being a Mom. You are such a great Mom and you have wonderful kids.
Sweet story, but I got to say...not surprising. Hannah is the sweetest, tender hearted girl. You are doing it right Lizzie....way to go!!!
Post a Comment