
This week for family night, we changed out the food and water in our
72 hour kits. My friend Bree had told me that her sister-in-law told her to do it each year on Conference weekend. What a great idea!

It costs
less than $100 to do this for my family of six. Kind of cheap insurance if you really think about it!

We also added cash, a roll of quarters (for phone calls), a change of clothes, socks, and underwear for each child, medicine, and a "new" backpack for Easton complete with diapers! I truly feel such a weight off my shoulders by getting this done...now if I could only get my "food storage" done, I might be content!
I'm sorry but
NOT being able to feed my children in a crisis situation would absolutely
KILL ME! So, if I had any advice for my friends and family today, it would be:
"JUST DO IT." Please, please get it done for your own families. A crisis may never come, but wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing that
if it did....you could support your loved ones?
We can't really shrug our shoulders and say that "we didn't know" because we have been
WARNED and
WARNED time and time again!
4 comments:
I couldn't agree more. This exact subject has been waying heavily on my mind lately! Thanks for the reminder
Liz,
Hello long lost friend. I think it has been about 15 years since I last saw you. I stumbled across your blog through Jared's. Your family is absolutely darling and what fun adventures you have. It has been fun doing a little catch up through the blog-o-sphere, quite the blast from the past. Tell Brandon hello and I will have to check back to see what is new. Feel free to drop in anytime.
Jodi (Nichol) Davis
Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you have a master list for what to put in them? If you do, I need to get it from you. Let me know...
Thanks.
I don't see a back pack for Amanda??? SHE IS GONNA DIE :-(
Post a Comment