Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Last night for Family home evening, we watched "Emma." Brandon and I had seen it in the theater and thought that it would be very good for the girls to watch. They both liked it a lot and learned so much about Emma and Josephs lives. They were especially touched by all the hardships that family had to face and the enormous amount of "faith" they both had. Hannah cried so hard at the end when Joseph had to leave his family...it was very sweet!

Brandon keeping Easton busy while the kids and I cooked and did the craft!
Easton just layed on his dad watching him toss a ball into the air for like fifteen minutes.

Pumpkin cookies

The girls took them around to a bunch of our neighbors. Addie really wanted to make sure the little old man in the yellow house got some. She has noticed him many times and knows that his wife passed away last year. She felt so sad for him! I'm so happy she notices these things. Sometimes I think she is clueless, and then she comes up with such thoughtful ideas. Go figure!

Last of all, we did this craft. The kids colored pumpkin faces on paper plates. Then they painted them with orange colored karo syrup. They look so cute! It takes forever to dry. But when they are done...they look super SHINY!

8 little pumpkins/spiders...sitting on a fence! Or a coat rack!

8 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

So I have been kind of out of it lately-I have catching up to do on reading everyone' blogs. I am glad to hear that about that movie. I was really wanting to see it. Those plates turned out darling! I love all the red ribbon week stuff you guys have been doing and your sister is so cute! I bet that was fun to hang out with her. I gotta get practicing for this weekend!!

WHITE said...

I love your craft, looks like a good one. I am going to check out that movie, I have never even heard about it. What a fun family night!

jenn said...

LIz, you are the best mom ever. What a cute little FHE with your family.

Addie is such a sweetheart. How kind of her to remember your neighbor.

Kent said...

We all just watched that movie for the first time on Sunday night. What a great movie. It really makes it so much more real when you "see" what they went through.

DKAZ said...

Very cute pumpkins! I didn't know there was orange colored karo syrup. I also didn't know that Brandon was so talented that he could entertain a baby for so long with a single ball.

Bell Family said...

What cute plates!! I'm going to have to do that with the kiddo's. Questions: Am I not considered a neighbor???

Amy said...

That's an awesome FHE. And isn't nice to know that our kids aren't COMPLETELY oblivious to the rest of the world

Amanda Kate Hicks said...

fabulous....love the costume sissy. you look ravishing as always. loving you from afar but close at heart.
love sister