Saturday, July 26, 2008

24th of July

The evening started out with a nice, calm, quiet BBQ at home. Consisting of salmon, marinated flank steak, corn on the cob, garlic bread, and grilled potatoes! Yummy.

Then, off we went to the Taylors circle. Where we also met the Bells!!!


See that pile of fireworks. There are only about 2 or 3 that might be legal I think. See that one in Chances hand? FOR SURE not legal!!!


Chance absolutely loved helping the guys light the fireworks!


Easton absolutely despises fireworks!

Brandon, Sam, and Russ.....COMPLETE IDIOTS AND COMPLETE PYRO'S!

Jackson...cheering on the PYRO DADDIES!

The girls: seeking cover in the back of Emily's car!


See what I mean? This would be a gasoline line heading to about four billion fireworks!


Poor Russ...cleaning up the aftermath of his destruction!!!


Luke and Brandon...just happy they survived!


After, we headed out back to the fun garage...and had a little ping pong playoff. Let's just say, my girls should not give up dancing...this may not be their sport!!!


We headed down to see Em's new bathroom, and in the meantime got distracted by her daughters pretty dress ups that actually used to be Emily's drill-team costumes. Somehow we got talked into trying them on and doing a parade. I have not laughed so hard in years!

Flip flops and shoulder pads....not a great look for me. Especially after four kids. And did I mention, I did a split kick and laughed so hard that I piddled in my leotard which explains the following costume change!!! Oopsie.

Here we are striking our most capable pose! Maybe, you could try to pretend that we are dancing to "The Wind Beneath My Wings" or something!

Okay seriously...this was the most hilarious night.
Our husbands acted like they were ten again.
And we laughed like little school girls in our dress ups!
I think I might have added a few years to my life!
Thanks so much friends. HAPPY 24TH
And "Em" you win for the BEST POSE!!! GO GIRL

6 comments:

Bell Family said...

Oh my gosh...I am literally laughing tears again!!! That night was one to remember. Seriously....classic!! Words don't describe the hilariousness of that evening. You did goid describing it though. I'm going to have to steal some of your pictures since I couldn't catch my breath to take some of my own.

jenn said...

Oh my goodness gracious! This is the funniest thing I have seen in years! There are not words to describe how awesome this is. Ah, Drill Team....it's a gift that just keeps on giving!

Looks like a FABULOUS Pioneer Day!

Natali Thompson said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Are you serious?! That is soooo funny. Why isn't Bree pictured in any of the costumes?? Bree...what the heck?

schaars said...

You crack me up! Seriously you are a skinny minny in your spandex! Um so when am I going to be officially one of your friends you are always doing such fun things!!!

Tara said...

Pretty impressive that you can still fit into those costumes!

I am laughing so hard-those pictures are classic!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

WE ARE TRULY HONORED TO KNOW AND LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE... OF YOU CRAZY NUT JOBS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!