Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A "Berry" Good Day

Yesterday, I decided that we needed to make a new batch of strawberry freezer jam because we had used up our very last jar on Sunday night. So of course I drag Amanda and Hannah right along with me. They ended up loving it and fighting over who got to smash the berries. Even Chance wanted to pitch in! It was "berry" rewarding! And Brandon was so excited when he got home from work. This jam is his favorite. He eats it practically every night!
We did 7 large batches...we almost ran out of bowls.


Cutting the berries.

Chance's favorite job...eating the berries with sugar!


Addie was alot of help...NOT! She was sick so she just observed!

Hannah and Mom...cutting and mashing berries!
(no make-up, bad hair, and chubby arms...good look for me)


The finished product!!! Yum

8 comments:

Amy said...

OOOO I remember when you came to visit me in AZ, and taught me how to make this. YUMMY I think I'll go get some strawberries tomorrow. Thanks for the idea

Paige Hanks said...

I'm pretty much drooling on my keyboard because your jam looks so good. I LOVE strawberry jam! Don't forget to send me some. I need the recipe for sure!

Natali Thompson said...

Look at you little Martha Stewart! That looks yummy. We should have a jam party sometime and you can teach us how you make yours!

jenn said...

I'll take three jars, please!

Bell Family said...

Please don't tell Sam you made this. He will expect me to make some. Jam seems so intimidating to make. Way to go!!

The Reading Armadillo said...

Yum! That looks so good. I've never made it, I need your recipe!

Brando and Annie said...

That looks so... good! I love strawberry jam! I need the recipe! I always love looking at your blog because you guys have such a fun family and are always doing so many fun things! I hope I can be like you when I have kids!

schaars said...

There is nothing better than homemade jam I have been meaning to make some forever you just gave me motivation. By the way you are so luck that you get to hang out with amanda every day I love love love that girl.