Thursday, July 3, 2008

The "darling" Garden

My dad and I started a garden this year. My Grandpa gave us a big piece of land to use down on his horse property! My dad went to work and rented a tiller and invented the coolest watering system for the whole thing. We have all kinds of things planted. Tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, strawberries, beets, pumpkins, peas, carrots...and Grandpa just wanted some "radishes" for payment on the property!!! If anything lives, let it be those.
Dad and I bribed the kids to help us weed! We took them to the park and out for slurpees!

This is the Garden...isn't it "darling?" Thats what we like to call it!!! I'm not sure why.




5 comments:

Amy said...

How cute is your dad??? I'm tellin' ya. You should so be livin' on a farm somewhere!

jenn said...

You are so ambitious! You go with your big bad green thumb.

Bell Family said...

We are doing a huge garden next year on the hill in the backyard. You will have to be our consultant.

margo said...

I'm expecting fresh tomatoes and zuchini from you! Yum =) It was so fun to see you guys the other day. Stop by anytime -- you always make me laugh. The yellow house is calling your name!

Natali Thompson said...

That is so cool. This is now the second year in a row I haven't planted my garden and this time of year I always regret it! That is quite a bit of land you get to use-I hope your radishes work :)