Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend * 2008




We had a great Fourth of July weekend. Of course we started out with the "Cul-de-sac of Fire" in Dick Engars circle. This has been a tradition since I was a little girl! We met at the Ball's for a bbq before...and then the show starts with a band (consisting of Dick himself, and his sister). Then we move on to the firework show and popsicles for all! It is a great way to kick off the holiday!

On the actual "Fourth" we got up and went to an "All American Breakfast" at Alberto's! Breakfast burritos were fabulous.
Later that night, we went to TGI FRIDAYS and back to the house for a little firework show. Easton hated the fireworks. His poor body just shook each time we lit a new one. We were able to watch the Cottonwood Clubs fireworks from the driveway, and that was a spectacular finale!!

























On Saturday, we decided to take the kids out to Brandons warehouse and let them ride the four-wheelers. They had a blast. Chance found a curb that he just kept going up and down....he almost flew off multiple times. And we of course couldn't quit laughing to go save him if he did. (We're such good parents.)


Then it was off to Costco where we purchased items for the next two days meals and lets not forget..."Aerosmith, Guitar Hero" Oh yeah, gotta love it!














We had a huge "halibut" dinner on Saturday night! Yumm




















































Today, we went to church. I am the new Nursery Chorister....how great is that. It was so much fun! The little ones are so funny. I loved being a Relief Society teacher, but I will also love having a break...it was a little stressful for me, but I absolutely learned so much and will always be grateful for the opportunity!





Brandon made his famous "beef stew" for dinner. It is seriously sooo good.





Later, we met my uncle at the elementary school so that Chance could ride his mini-motorcycle. Chance hasn't stopped talking about it since he saw it in Uncle Charlie's garage last night. So after a full day of bribing him with it...he finally got his opportunity! He rode like a pro right off the bat...he's so much like his dad it's frightening!




8 comments:

Bell Family said...

I love it!! What a fun weekend. I can't believe the 4th of July is over!! Jackson is going to freak out when he sees the 4-wheeler and motorcycle pictures. What a crazy man that Chance is.

Amy said...

That little motorcycle is awesome! I sure wish we lived closer to each other. Our families are so similar, and do so many things alike! Whitley love the pink quad-it's just like hers(big shocker)

jenn said...

I KNEW you would have your 4th of July stuff posted already...you are so on top of things it's frightening! You're amazing.

What a fun holiday weekend you had. Your pictures are so cute, espcially the one of Easton in the helmet. I just want to squeeze the stuffin' out of him he's so cute!

Rogers Family Blog said...

I want to be apart of your family; you guys are fun.

Natali Thompson said...

So-are we not friends anymore or what??! It looks like a great time-my favorite picture is the one of Sam and Brandon and when you click on it-look how prepared Bree is in the background! Chees-er... Love it!

Natali Thompson said...

OK, so disregard that last comment-you finally left a comment, so I guess we are friends again! :)

Tara said...

It looks like a fun, busy weekend. I can't believe what a daredevil Chance is. He's so dang cute!

Jared will be very jealous about "GH-Aerosmith". He's been talking about buying it, but I'm hoping for the Wii fit instead.

WHITE said...

I can't believe that Dick is still putting on a show that is the coolest thing I have heard in a very long time! How stinkin classic! Looks like you guys had a very fun weekend!