Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten


Chance started Kindergarten today. He was very nervous to go this morning when he woke up because he was a little afraid of the other kids. But when he got there, he jumped right in and seemed to really enjoy it. He even left his shirt untucked...that is MAJOR for Chance!
His COOL Batman backpack (it's practically as big as he is)






I don't know why, but seeing this picture brings a tear to my eye...his bag actually hanging at school with all the others. I want to grab it and grab him and run back home and never let go!!!

Jackson and Chance: waiting for Mrs. Rasband to come get them at the YELLOW STAR!

Chance: pretending to be happy but really disappointed because he's sitting in-between two girls! YUCKY

Invitations for the Boohoo or Woohoo Breakfast/lunch that Bree, Megan, Bonnie and I put together for the Kindergarten parents! It turned out great and we were able to meet a lot of fun parents and find out fun facts about the school!

Bree and I: trying to look happy even though we had just sat in my car and cried watching the boys out at their first recess...they were great...we were NOT!

Pictures of the Boohoo luncheon!


Mrs. Larsen: the best front office secretary EVER & Mr. Despain: the coolest Pricipal

My front hall: ready to send him off again tomorrow!

5 comments:

Lisa Erskine said...

You are the coolest Mom ever! Who would ever think of a Boo Hoo or Ya Hoo (or whatever you call it) luncheon! Wow...you are the mom of the year! Chance looks so cute and little with that backpack on!

jenn said...

I want to cry right now! Can't believe our little Chance and Livvy are kindergartners...it's just not fair!

Glad your Boo-Hoo, Woo-Hoo was such a success! Everything looks absolutely darling. You pulled it off- no sweat. :)

You look so cute in all the pictures. I'm going to make myself feel better by saying you are just that adorable because it's the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. Otherwise I might have to go back to bed and not resurface for the rest of the day.

Did you redo your hall with the beaded board and hooks? SO cute!!!

Amy said...

Could he be any cuter? What a great idea for the luncheon. My kids started at their new school yesterday and I bawled all the way home! (they were fine)

Natali Thompson said...

He is darling! I love all the peace signs-you know where I stand on this situation...I completely relate! I am glad the boo hoo turned out-that is such a fun thing!

margo said...

What -- no shirt tucked in. What is happening!!! I think we need someone to come organize those kinds of breakfasts at Saratoga Shores!! What a fun idea. Have you fallen down any raveens lately when you have pulled into garages???? ha ha ha