Monday, September 29, 2008

My First Egg


A few days ago, I went out to feed the chickens...and look what I found! Yes, yes, my very first egg. The best part is, that I thought the chicken that gave me this delightful goodie was a Rooster. So it is double the joy...not only is she a HEN, but she is the first HEN to leave me a gift!

I am naming her "Princess." (The white chicken)
The funny thing about this breed (silkies) is that they could not be
more fluffy white. However; if you were to take off their feathers, they
are completely BLACK. So weird. They are considered a delicacy in Asia.
I will NOT be eating "Princess", just enjoying her tiny peach eggs.

9 comments:

Wendi said...

I love that you have chickens!

Anonymous said...

that is freakin awesome! farmer liz, with her hen princess! i love it. look at you! go girl. ♥

Lisa Erskine said...

I feel honored to have met your pretty princess! I can't believe you actually have chickens! You are too funny! :)

margo said...

Funny, I walked outside today and instead of my "pet" leaving me an egg, oreo left me a pile of barf on the porch. I don't think I could ever raise chickens or live on a farm!

Amy said...

I cannot believe your eating your pets eggs! There's just something that is not right about that. I guess there's a bum for every toilet seat!

The Reading Armadillo said...

Congrats on your first egg. That's hilarious. You'll have to let me know how it tastes. I don't think I could ever eat an egg from a chicken I raised myself though.

Natali Thompson said...

That is so funny-I guess I don't know how you would figure out if it was a rooster or a hen any other way!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

YAAAHHH PRiNCESS!!! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!!

jenn said...

You and your chickens crack me up. I love my little farmer cousin Lizzie. :)