Monday, October 20, 2008

Red Ribbon Week

Lauretta, Bree, Marsha, Nat, and I are in charge of Red Ribbon Week at school this year. We've had a good time planning all of the fun events. Today we started off the week with a "Cotton Candy Kickoff."












The kids were so excited, and it was amazing how many had never had cotton candy before! Even the teachers and staff had a swell time getting sticky! It was fun to see some of them act like kids themselves.


Lauretta was a nut. She made the kids do chants and cheers while they waited in line for their treat! They had to have on a "courage to say no" bracelet in order to get their candy. Brandon donated the bracelets and lanyards. Thanks Snugz!

Bree's brother printed all of the signs, posters and handouts. They look awesome. And Lauretta made everything look so cute. Marsha arranged to have the cotton candy donated. And Nat, did all the tedious work as usual....not to mention scheduling the assembly. She is very good at planning and details.




We hope for a super fun week. And if all goes well, I won't have to start doing drugs!

7 comments:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

WE'RE OFF TO A GREAT START GIRLS!!!

Amy said...

What a great mommy you are

Goddard Family said...

way to go liz and breezy....

Scha&Andi said...

Hi. I know I tell ya. We don't match or usually get hair combed and are running out the door late to something usually. I'm just not one of those "put together" mommies but we have fun!

It was so good to see you! Gweny kept saying "mommy who is that cute lady you were talking too!"

Sorry Andrew is kind of a stinker. He loved the cottoncandy though. He said it was yummo! You guys are doing such a good job!

Steph said...

Great job girls! I'm sure the kids at Oakwood will have fabulous red ribbon week! You all are amazing!

Lisa Erskine said...

I love cotton candy...my mouth is watering as I blog! :) We'll miss you this weekend...wish you were coming with us!

jenn said...

Say no to drugs.