
Last week we drove to
Wanship so that we could eat at one of our favorite restaurants.
The Spring Chicken Inn. Both Brandon and I have been going since we were kids...seriously the best chicken EVER!
This post is dedicated to my friend Jared Covili....the fried chicken lover who has never been to this fine dining establishment!
It doesn't look like much, but this is just the lunch portion. If you order at dinner, they bring you a half chicken. It is so greasy and salty....and the meat is pipin' hot! Delicious.

We gave Addie a "dramamine" to help her not get car sick on the way there. I swear it makes her go crazy. She had a total meltdown in the restaurant right when we got there over Chance touching her with his pen. I thought her head was going to spin around and she would start vomiting green goo!

The "fam"

Chance loves to steal Brandons sunglasses. On our way home, this car passed us and this is what we saw....

3 stinkin deer tied down to the top of that Bronco. You could see straight into their cavities...blood everywhere. Their heads were hanging off the back of the roof.

I was of course snapping pictures out the window, and the hunters were giving me a thumbs up.
Chance thought it was the coolest thing EVER...and Hannah was speed dialing her P.I.T.A people on her cell phone in the backseat!
14 comments:
I cannot believe the deer! I would have thrown up right there. My brother in law, on the other hand, would have thought that the coolest thing ever! What a fun time cute family! By the way, I love your hair curly. I tried mine and not as cute as yours:).
first off the deer-SO NASTY! But I would've been snapping shots too. Second, I've never even heard of the Spring Chicken restaurant. However, Landon and I just had a conversation yesterday about fried food. We both decided that it's the best. It's embarrassing to admit, but anything fried is deluxe!
We are going to have to make the trek down there and try that delicious looking food! Okay and I was laughing as I saw the pics of those sick looking deer! That is hilarious- I really appreciate that you took those pics!
YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! I CAN JUST IMAGINE BRANDON THINKING... I CAN'T SEE THE ROAD WITHOUT MY SUNGLASSES, ADDY BETTER CHILL OR I'M PULLING OVER... AND WHAT IN THE WORLD IS MY WIFE TAKING A PICTURE OF NOW!!! I LOVE IT... GOOD TIMES WITH THE FAM!!!!!
The deer are disgusting! What a sight! I will have to check into that restaurant sometime. My grandpa has property up there and we go up often-where is it exactly? Poor Addie!
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole post! I will have to check out the chicken some time. By the way, that dog must really be threatening to people. I mean, it worked for me! You had 5 comments within barely over 3 hours of your posting. I don't think I would have 5 comments within 3 years of any posting.
I'm glad that when you think of chicken - you think of me.
I love that place! Could have gone without seeing the deer....miss you!
I just changed my mind. If we have to see deer strapped to the top of Bronco's we are NOT moving back to Utah! But to be honest I also would have been taking pictures and writing the blog post in my head. The least those hunters could have done is covered the poor, exposed deer.
But the chicken looks yummy. We might have to check this place out soon.
I GUESS WE BETTER MAKE THE TREK TO WANSHIP FOR THE AWESOME CHICKEN. I'M SURE IT WON'T BE TOO HARD TO CONVINCE JARED!
Please don't unleash the crazy dog -- I'm sure he's going to be the next pet at the Mackay farm
LOVE LOVE LOVE The Spring Chicken in. It's a Utah must!!! Good thing you saw the deer AFTER dinner.
ya that is just sick. and that dramamine has the same effect on my kids. it makes their skin crawl. we were flying to hawaii and someone told us to give them some to sleep through... ya right. they were going balistic.
we'll have to try this joint out.
too funny you never know what you are going to see in Wanship! I have not been to there in years we used to go there all the time with my family when I was little since our cabin is in Oakley! Poor Addie I can't stop laughing at your comment!
Post a Comment