Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween wrap up

Friday morning we were running around frantically trying to escape the house by 8:30. Amanda came over and helped me because Brandon was not in town yet. She took half the kids to pick up the bagels for Addies party, and I took half the kids with me to the school to save a spot for the parade! All by 9:00a.m.


The parade was darling. Hannah sang in the chorus and the songs were so funny. My dad came, and the boys were excited to see him as usual. Chance wouldn't be in the parade...big suprise. He is super shy!


Anna, Hannah, and Jaydra. Halloween queens I tell ya!


I finally got to go in the basement of Oakwood for the first time in my life. I went to this school growing up, and we just knew the basement had a swimming pool in it or it was haunted. Turns out we were right...it was HAUNTED. The 6th grade put on this awesome spook alley, it was actually pretty scary!


Then it was off to do Addie's class party. We had apple juice and bagels with orange cream cheese. We played lots of games. And gave out pumpkins for prizes. The kids had a great time. Their favorite game as usual, was the toilet paper mummies.


Every Halloween night, I have Brandons whole fam over for dinner. Then the kids head out trick or treating with all their cousins. It's fun to come up with a new menu's each year. This year we had...cream cheese ham rolls, chips and salsa, bbq little weenies, hamburger soup, parmesan cheese rolls, salad, and pumpkin sheet cake. Yummy!


Amanda and I decided to be each other for our costumes. She ran around saying "I'm soo cute, and I love date night" all night long. Little brat. I don't say that and she can't ever be me again!
She is banned from being ME! SO THERE.


It wouldn't be a party without Brandon somehow injuring himself. He was wiping up the floor (big suprise) and swept his hand under the fridge and a part sliced his finger soooo bad! It was so gross. I'm sure he needed stitches, but he just glued it shut. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.


Griffin (with his cheap bling and wife beater), Preston (Mr. Gorilla), Emma (fairy), Hannah (fairy), Addie (Sharpay), and Chance (as himself.)
Funny thing is, Chance is ALWAYS in some sort of costume every day of the week. It just so happens that when he was supposed to wear one...he wouldn't! If it was my first child I would have forced it. But after four kids, I try not to sweat the small stuff. Maybe next year he'll work up the courage!

8 comments:

The Reading Armadillo said...

Your Halloween looks like a ton of fun. Your kids are all so cute in their costumes!

Goddard Family said...

I call I get to be you next year...I would be the best LIZ ever!

Paige Hanks said...

What a fun Halloween, I love all the costumes! I have to tell you, I absolutely love reading all of your posts. You are the CUTEST MOM EVER! I hope I can be half the mom you are someday! Keep up the good work Ü

margo said...

I love Chance -- he is so funny. That sounds like something Mallory would do -- not dress up when she is supposed to, just to be beligerent. I was laughing out loud when I saw you and Amanda -- her heels and red jacket... too funny. You girls are the best! Maybe next year Lisa and I should switch!

Durrant said...

Can I just say Super Mom! Wow what a busy day for you guys! Everyone looked great! Hannah and Addie, little super models! I really loved yours and Amanda's costumes! You guys are hilarious! Poor Brandon! Hope he is gonna make it:)

Natali Thompson said...

I LOVE Amanda-that is the funniest thing ever! Her shoes are awesome... You are quite the hostess-when do we get to come to a party?! :) I am doing the pride & prejudice quiz now! I better be Elizabeth-

Scha&Andi said...

Oh cute. i saw your cute girls at the parade. they looked so great.

schaars said...

Ok I have not looked at your blog in a while do you like all my lame comments! You guys just make me laugh I love Amanda how funny that you guys were each other! And how lucky are you that you have a husband that cleans the floor what I would give! I need to take your advice and not sweat the small stuff with Sienna poor child hated her costume but had no choice!!!!